The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything above 500bhp is more than enough for the street. I like the buzz when i give it some! but i respect the car and i very much doubt i have the driving capability to go over 700+ yet.

With a nice BIG set of rear tyres and the Syvecs TC you've got nothing to worry about (in a straight line). My car puts power down very easily, and without any slip at all. I'm a little over 500hp :D

Spent most the day polishing and protecting the polished items under the bonnet, engine bay was a bit of a mess after all the damp.

Should have my funky power steering pulley tomorrow, just got to mirror polish it and fit that to replace my wobbly whifbits one!

I've had issues with wobbly PAS pulleys that I've fitted to other Supras myself. I think it happens when it's drilled they warp slightly.

I've had issues with wobbly PAS pulleys that I've fitted to other Supras myself. I think it happens when it's drilled they warp slightly.

The bore should be drilled undersize and then mounted in an independent 4 jaw lathe chuck and finished with a boring bar to centre it perfectly.

It should be no problem for a decent engineer to over-bore, sleeve and bore again properly, though how any modern company with CNC lathes manage to cock up a pulley bore is beyond me.