The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bore should be drilled undersize and then mounted in an independent 4 jaw lathe chuck and finished with a boring bar to centre it perfectly.

It should be no problem for a decent engineer to over-bore, sleeve and bore again properly, though how any modern company with CNC lathes manage to cock up a pulley bore is beyond me.

I've never seen a 4 jaw machine chuck before only 3 jaw. Ever the 1.2 million pound lathe we've just bought only has 3 jaws.

Looking awesome dude! That's a nice looking turbo there ;)

Yeah just polished her for you! Going to miss single life!!

- - - Updated - - -

Awsome bet your well happy you finally have the bonnet you wanted and you made it yourself. Can't get better than that:thumbs:

yeah really happy Chris just need it to stay down now on a 200mph+ run :D

Congratulations Rob, On replicating and improving a great looking bonnet. It looks fantastic.

Thanks mate! its the only way i could get the bonnet i have always wanted. Nice trip to Lee's will test the bonnet against the heat but i very much doubt ill have problems as its only bonded on a stock bonnet, so would damage that before the hump

Yeah just polished her for you! Going to miss single life!!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah really happy Chris just need it to stay down now on a 200mph+ run :D

Hopefully get her in the same time as yours is dude, just waiting on lee to let me know when he can do it. You need a do luck wing ;) lol

Only one way to find out and that's to use it, i want to do this before selling one. I honestly can't see any thing happening as its got not going to get hot, the stock underneath bonnet will take the heat.

Love the bonnet, I think it will distort the first time that turbo get fully up to temp though, I hope I'm wrong though mate.

Happy days mate! :ecstatic:

How long does a conversion like this take? So we could possibly see you at bluewater soon in the beast? ;)

Lee is super flat out, i doubt he will start straight away but its done when its done im not using the car till show season. Still thinking about dragonball too but depends what change i have after, so cant book nothing yet.

Lee is super flat out, i doubt he will start straight away but its done when its done im not using the car till show season. Still thinking about dragonball too but depends what change i have after, so cant book nothing yet.

:cool: Look forward to updates!

Change? lol:D Car is going to be mental with the twins. Do you have aftermarket cams already and uprated springs and retainers? Would be good to whack the rev limit up and make full use of the twins and that built bottom end you have.