The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a busy day and got more than i thought i would get done, having a rest now though and my face is super black from the polish. I got one of the Stainless HKS Sheild done too :cool:, im going to 24ct gold plate the sheilds lol. Took a fair bit of work to get it looking mint but im mega happy with the result.

BOTH turbo's housings are now finished too :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=160766&stc=1&d=1353079651

attachment.php?attachmentid=160765&stc=1&d=1353079651

attachment.php?attachmentid=160767&stc=1&d=1353079651

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

Awesome so she's going twins! What sort of power figure are you hoping for?

I hope to achieve a little bit more than i am running now. Its not going to be 'awesome' until i sort the box out and have some nice cams/springs fitted but im saving up!! going to get a aftermarket FPR fitted too.

Lee knows what he is doing with the car, so i trust him :)

I hope to achieve a little bit more than i am running now. Its not going to be 'awesome' until i sort the box out and have some nice cams/springs fitted but im saving up!! going to get a aftermarket FPR fitted too.

Lee knows what he is doing with the car, so i trust him :)

I would have thought the power delivery of these compare to the single will be completely different though. Not all about the BHP figure after all. Although saying that I wouldn't have thought it was any slouch before.

What auto box are you going to go for?

who did u buy the kit from at the end? is it brand new?

Why did you not chrome it instead of polishing it?

Nice job on the heat shield..! mega lush..! I want mine looking like that too... ;-)

Cant be asked to get them chromed, i like polishing when i get to shows to warm me up :)

I bought the kit from the super famous SRD supra!! really rare kit and i think its what my cars deserves, i just fancied a change and now i can say i have tried both setups

I would have thought the power delivery of these compare to the single will be completely different though. Not all about the BHP figure after all. Although saying that I wouldn't have thought it was any slouch before.

What auto box are you going to go for?

Just going to see what power we can get on my setup first before we alter anything! i can always throw more cash to make it 800-900 lol. The power delivery will be progressive and a bit laggy to what i have now! but i think im going to prefer it as i dont drive around the towns ect like a mad man

Finished the other HKS Heat sheild this morning and it came lovely. I decided to mask them off and paint the brackets which hold them to the turbo housing. I gave them a quick scotch bright to remove remaining rust and then i just sprayed them with HT matt black spray paint! much better now!

All thats Left for these 2 darlings is a trip in the gold tank! :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=160824&stc=1&d=1353146644

attachment.php?attachmentid=160823&stc=1&d=1353146644

2012-11-17 09.48.40.jpg

2012-11-17 08.23.14.jpg

Looking awesome mate, glad these are going to a good home :)

Yeah! came off a legendary car so ill do my best to make it as good as i can.

Outstanding! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the next step, Rob. Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks mate! next step is intake pipes! they are a nightmare as they have a black coating on them

Nice Rob...very nice!!! So jealous of the big twin set ups!

Wish Lee would post up what he has for sale!lol!

I have always had a soft spot for big twins! i remember seeing lee's car at my very first ace cafe meet and his bay takes alot of beating.

When do you think it will be ready Rob? Can't wait to see this..! :D

Dropping the car into Lee's in about 2-3weeks. Engine is coming out! very excited as its another new look and project. Lee has ensured me it will run good power, so i can use it for shows but really the built box or 6speed will be on the cards when i have saved up again.

Cleaned them up nice mate, why you taking the engine out? ease of fitting the twins or another reason?

Got the stupid water pipe to fit which runs around the block and yeah to fit the twin kit! I was going to do it at work on the ramp but cant afford for my ramp to be out of action for days. Lee can play on mine as and when... not going to rush him.

Yeah the cleaning up is going well, got some nice equipment now and just taking mega ammounts of time with it.