The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much higher will petrol prices go before enoughs, enough.

Carl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im quite glad this popped up.

Due to my job i have to fill up one a week, then fill the supra up too.

Each time i fill up at my local shell garage, i can tell you i have never been so shocked with the prices.

5 weeks ago - 123 per litre

4 weeks ago - 125 per litre

3 weeks ago - 127 per litre

2 weeks ago - 129 per litre

last thurday - 131 per litre

Its just getting bloody stupid now. but i still dont understand how the us only charges $2.80 per gallon, this government is a joke we are paying approx 40p per litre and the rest is bloody tax, we have to do something about this soon, its getting past a joke.

What all governments of this country have failed to grasp in recent years is that it's better to sell a lot of an item at a small mark up in price rather than a few of an item at a large mark up in price, as in the long term you will generate more income. Now I include all taxable goods in this item bracket as the knock on effects of increased transportation and infrastructure costs are passed on to loaves of bread, milk etc. So as the rising cost of food etc increases people will generally eat less to remain in their budgets for the month. This inevitably leads to illegal/legal importation of goods by people in order to keep their costs down (prime example at the minute is the colossal tobacco importing trade which organised criminals have adopted instead of drugs, as it's more profitable with less jailterm risk). So if the government were serious about rescuing this country they would have already introduced penetration pricing strategies to compete with prices in europe on major goods like fuel and tobacco, so that as well as us spending more money on those goods in the long term we also receive the benefits of europeans coming to our pumps to fill up instead of the other way round !

If you want me to run your country and make it great again it'll cost you a house for a duck pond I warn you now !! :)

We are as bad out here too. Normal unleaded is around 1.60 (Euro) a litre and due to increase again over the coming weeks. :(

We also use a lot of "therma oil" (red diesel) out here as a means of heating as there is no gas on the island. Last year this was 0.52c a litre and this year it is 0.85c!!!

Now, when you take into account the wage structure out here you can then see that we are far worse off than even the UK in terms of rip off petrol prices :(

Attached below is where we're at now with crude and unleaded gas (petrol) is a derivative so will always follow in the long run. Project a line under the lows for the long-term trend and by the looks of it, we'll take out the previous $147 high at the slightest upset, say a war with Iran, which certain interests are absolutely gagging for incase you hadn't noticed.

I've traded crude futures on a very small scale and it's a completely rigged market. The wholesale price fluctuates daily according to news and rumour but the main trend is decided by a handful of individuals behind closed doors. Oil is the world's currency and the global downturn was caused by China and Japan refusing to buy U.S. Treasury Bonds, (government debt) after they realized that they were being geno-specifically targeted with SARS, when it only killed Asians, even in Canada. Then there was H5N1 Bird Flu, H1N1 Swine Flu and whatever else they release next.

Right now, children seem to have out-caught flu by 50% compared to everyone else, for example, even the elderly.

Deny it if you want but we're being squeezed into one world government using financial catastrophe as a cattle-prod.

Buy gold and silver if you can and get out of debt as we're headed for $200 a barrel soon. Upside is, you can make a fortune, if you have the money to risk and wait out any drops.

The worse it becomes, the more predictable it becomes, so those with money find it easier and easier. It helps if they are the ones causing the prices to rise and fall, of course!

Good time to consider LPG? And this LPG thread?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?236055-Lpg&highlight=lpg

Surely we shouldn't be effected (even though I understand we pay VAT tax on on top the Petrol Tax).

I understand what the government wants to do and with the mess the Labour government has left us in we have no choice, but something like petrol would have been best left out as people need to make a living using it (Builders etc).

I feel sorry for the people who "have" to use the car everyday, no so much for the people who don't have to use cars but decide to use it rather than public transport. I love cars but to me it makes common sense if you are living in transport area like London to only use the cars at the weekend. The amount of people who sit in traffic for hours on end on a daily basis is beyond me.

Good time to consider LPG? And this LPG thread?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?236055-Lpg&highlight=lpg

Surely we shouldn't be effected (even though I understand we pay VAT tax on on top the Petrol Tax).

I understand what the government wants to do and with the mess the Labour government has left us in we have no choice, but something like petrol would have been best left out as people need to make a living using it (Builders etc).

I feel sorry for the people who "have" to use the car everyday, no so much for the people who don't have to use cars but decide to use it rather than public transport. I love cars but to me it makes common sense if you are living in transport area like London to only use the cars at the weekend. The amount of people who sit in traffic for hours on end on a daily basis is beyond me.

I was thinking LPG but don't use the car enough, (2000 annual miles on average), so it might not pay for itself. I think you get something like a 25% saving as the mileage isn't as good from what I've heard. All depends on how many you do as to how worthwhile it is. Goodbye bootspace though, what little of it there is, since you need to run it on petrol to warm up the vapouriser before it kicks in.

If you can still afford the insurance;) and then the next step will be type approval just like the rest of Europe, its all downhill from here I'm afraid.

I have been with Sky for years but they have just lost me as a customer as their renewal on the Vette and Merc were ridiculous, Have tried Admiral Multi Car and they have been fantastic

I have been with Sky for years but they have just lost me as a customer as their renewal on the Vette and Merc were ridiculous, Have tried Admiral Multi Car and they have been fantastic

I dumped Sky when the renewal for the Supra started to take the piss, i usually hunt around these days, apparently costs are due to rise by 15-20% this year, thought Admiral Multi Car wont insure imports, or modded?

All those who voted Conservative, congratulate yourselves and repent at leisure:p

its only going to get worse, fuel and VAT is just the tip of the iceberg:rolleyes:

i think youve missed the last 15 years ,im also a bit pissed with cameron cause he said he would reduce tax if fuel went up to keep a fair balance.another lying git

And what do you think will be enough? What can anyone do about it? Who cares? I mean really cares? The rich get richer, while the poorer get poorer. The divide gets bigger every day. We are all consumers...

/me goes back to watching his Samsung TV with BluRay movies, while texting on his Galaxy S, eating a Burger King, wearing Nike trainers. Lol!

couldn't give a monkeys to be honest.

Can I ask why? Petrol prices don't really hurt me either (other than de-valuing my GTR) however I do feel sorry for people who may have to give up on Supra's/performance cars or negatively impact on their lively hood because of these silly fuel prices!

Can I ask why?

I would like to know why too as even though I don't live in the UK any more I am still interested in the news etc as it affects my family and friends.

TBH, a statement like "I couldn't give a monkeys" just sounds immature and silly.

Can I ask why? Petrol prices don't really hurt me either (other than de-valuing my GTR) however I do feel sorry for people who may have to give up on Supra's/performance cars or negatively impact on their lively hood because of these silly fuel prices!

Surely an increase in petrol prices will make it cost more for an average GTR run and unless your salary will increase in line with petrol prices, you will be slightly worse off. Therefore, you have less money to do other things. Surely this 'hurts', depending on what you mean by hurt. Even a little 'hurts'? :)

And yes, I feel for those people too. I might have to reconsider at end of 2011 too.

I think there is a thin line between "I couldn't give a monkeys" and "There is nothing I can do, so why should I let it get to me?". As with Tuition Fees, protesting will do nothing and it is someone else who decides all of this. Just get on with it...

I think you missed the point Tony. Yes it may cost an extra £10 here or there but that isn't going to 'hurt' me ;) However I was interested in the post because maybe he has or knows something we don't or has a vast personal fortune, again where the price of petrol is insignificant (as it is for me because of my personal circumstances).

Yes I agree there is a difference between "I couldn't give a monkeys" and "There is nothing I can do, so why should I let it get to me?", but surely the latter is just apathy? and 'you' may not be able to do something but 'people' united can do something, just look at the protests a few years ago.