The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much higher will petrol prices go before enoughs, enough.

Carl

Is it just me or has knowone noticed the increase in petrol prices lately.

I understand the new VAT rate was going to increase from today but it has already raised around 5p per litre in the last 2 weeks around gloucestershire before the additional VAT 3.5p went on today.

How much more must we take in increases before something has to happen.:faint:

Carl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will happen. Just look at our little microcosm on here and how much people think protest is, basically, wrong. We've only ourselves to blame and, to be perfectly honest, the general public aren't going to have any sympathy with the owners of cars that aren't economical.

i just realised that todays increase is just a fuel levy so the vat increase comes next Tuesday to give us a double whammy.

then probably another fuel increase in Aprill along with predicted crude price increases, we could be looking at £1.50 by summer.

:cry:V power was £129.9 a litre a few days ago.I wonder if thefts of fuel from cars and lorries will increase. Everything we buy will cost more due to transportation costs increasing.

£129.9? Wow... your being ripped off. You might want to start importing fuel yourself. ;)

The cheapest Super Unleaded I can get (and the only on the island) is £1.30 (probably more by today).

The only reason we are paying as much as we are and set to pay more this year is , all down to tax and the government making money to cover the money we helped the banks out with , so thay use tax payers money to get the banks out of the shit and then make us pay that money back why the banks get there million pound bonuses , we need to kick off its about time we stood up like other countrys and smash some stuff, maybe that way they would get the message , but as alway nothing will happen and we will keep paying till we have nothing letf to give .Wait till the interest rate goes up .

The hole country should just not go to work for a week that would fuck them up .

Rich.

All those who voted Conservative, congratulate yourselves and repent at leisure:p

its only going to get worse, fuel and VAT is just the tip of the iceberg:rolleyes:

I did, and I'm still glad I did. Labour gave us more rises and this rise is required to generate more cash because the previous Government over-borrowed.

You can do something about it, and I'm sorry if this sounds flippant but don't buy it. I made a decision a good few years ago that petrol for me was going to be a treat or a luxury i.e. using a Supra / Skyline /911 etc to go on a run rather than a night in the pub :) . So I changed jobs and stopped the commute into Manchester and bought a house that was close to work for both me and the wife i.e.

132.5 in london last wednesday.....

i wouldn't be surprised if it hits the 2 pound mark by the end of the year..

This has been said every year though. I reckon the government will have to realise the damage they are causing with even the current petrol prices. If they don't reduce it soon, organisations will be on the close-down once again. If organisations go down, the VAT might not make a difference to the economy, it will just ruin lives.

I'm sick that the government can't keep their word. They told us of a fuel price stabiliser... which will come into effect, when?

This has been said every year though. I reckon the government will have to realise the damage they are causing with even the current petrol prices. If they don't reduce it soon, organisations will be on the close-down once again. If organisations go down, the VAT might not make a difference to the economy, it will just ruin lives.

I'm sick that the government can't keep their word. They told us of a fuel price stabiliser... which will come into effect, when?

When it's too late probably.

The only reason we are paying as much as we are and set to pay more this year is , all down to tax and the government making money to cover the money we helped the banks out with , so thay use tax payers money to get the banks out of the shit and then make us pay that money back why the banks get there million pound bonuses , we need to kick off its about time we stood up like other countrys and smash some stuff, maybe that way they would get the message , but as alway nothing will happen and we will keep paying till we have nothing letf to give .Wait till the interest rate goes up .

The hole country should just not go to work for a week that would fuck them up .

Rich.

I agree something needs to be done,it seems only the students have the gumption and bottle to make any kind of stand, but i suspect that will change as the squeeze slowly tightens.

I did, and I'm still glad I did. Labour gave us more rises and this rise is required to generate more cash because the previous Government over-borrowed.

Maybe so, but why have they now bailed out the Irish government if thats the aim, and going about it by cutting defense + MOD contracts = more people out of work, cut the police force health services,etc etc, and so it will go on, it will be a knock on effect, as all businesses start to feel the pinch, they talk about getting more people in employment that doesn't exist, and is becoming ever diminishing, great plan tax us to death, then remove the means to pay it, class reform job:rolleyes:

Every time there is a change in Government we hear this same old broken record story, its just part of the game that political parties play and we put up with. The only thing I see that is different with this coalition sham is that they also use the same 'previous government' excuse to go back on pledges made during the election campaign. How many people would have voted Conservative if they would have realised that they were voting for Cleggy too I wonder?