The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Celica GT4 ST205 340bhp owners club car

gt4tosupra

Well the time has now come to get a sensible® car which does more mpg then i can save to get on the property ladder. This car is my daily driver and £300 per month fuel money (which i have spent for the past 5 years on this, my supra, and my old GT4) is just not practical for me anymore I tried to go sensible back in feb when i sold the supra and bought a celica gt, then 2 months later i got bored and bought this from crossy when he put it up for sale. But now i realise that i MUST get a celica gt and stick to it!

So regrettably here goes:

The car is an ST205 1994 L reg JDM import

Cant take any credit for the tasty mods because Crossy did it all! and a good car did he create!

Mileage reads 136500 but minus the kilometers and its 99000

6 months tax just been put on, 6+ months mot left

Now for the good stuff :

Engine: Car is putting out 337 bhp on printout (prob more in this cold weather)thanks to:

Blitz Access ECU

FMIC with custom pipework

Apexi boost controller 1.1bar

Apexi cone induction kit with cold air box

HKS dump valve

Blueflame exhaust from cat back

Exterior: Big rear wing

TRD corners

TRD sideskirts

Projector lights with HID ballast kit

OE Toyota wind deflectors

Wheels and suspension: 18 inch titan electra wheels

KYB shocks and lowering springs

Whiteline rear ARB

4 good tyres bought in last 6 months

EBC redstuff pads

Interior: Alpine 60w x4 fitted by myself cost £300

Wiring for bass box ready to go

Boost gauge on dash

Apexi boost controller on top of stereo

Everything else standard

Standard Aircon (v cold)

And for the bad stuff: Exhaust is blowing a bit as the gasket between cat and mid pipe needs replacing. Power steering pump is leaking a bit of fluid so needs looking at. Wheels are not in perfect condition as they are pitted.

This car is one of the best! Owners club car for over 5 years. Well looked after. Tastefully and sensibly modified to produce 337bhp, which is fast enough imo. I got a 13.2 sec 1/4 mile time at FW10. Pulls very strongly with a nice feeling engine and gearbox, no crunching knocking or noises, just nice smooth power. No knocking or creaking from superstrut either, most suspension parts replaced. Brake discs and pads are also v good, interior is nice and clean although new gear gaitor would look nice! Crossy had a new clutch put in less than 20k ago, martin replaced the rear diff mount for me only 2 months ago, and i changed the oil last week! Oil changed every 4k miles with full synthetic millers.

Bodywork is great with no bubbling rust, paint is very good but of course has the odd stonechips. Paint is nice and shiny, i normally wax every 3 months. Bodykit is nice and standard/TRD, no lairyness!

Overall this car is pretty much mint, the fastest car i've ever owned, and that makes it all the more difficult for me to sell it but needs must unfortunately.

Dunno if i've missed anything so let me know if so.

Car is located in Oswaldtwistle LANCS

Will possibly p ex for the right celica gt st202

So £3995 is the asking price people

Faster than a standard Supra TT btw!:p:p

Photos to follow tonight, work computer wont let me:(

Is that a standard turbo at 1.1bar? If so I am sceptical of the power figure but it sounds like a stunning example. I always loved these cars from behind but never from the front, they handle like they are on rails though :D

Good luck with the sale bud, look forward to seeing the pictures.

Standard turbo @ 1.1 bar with the cat still in place = bollocks power figure IMO but sounds a nice example otherwise - good luck with the sale.

Even with the CAT out it's still a 3SGTE with a chargecooler. At 1.1 you would be doing well to hit above a true 300hp. Possibly a wrong calculation due to the AWD setup.

Scott, Johnny - sounds about right from my (also first hand!) experiences of ST205's and SW20's too. All the usual mods including decat and 3" exhaust + PFC, EBC @ 1.2 bar on my bro's GT-Four also with lagged / polished CC saw 320bhp IIRC.

Not a bollocks fig at all, 337bhp on dyno'd printout, car has fmic not chargecooler, blitz ecu, apexi boost set a 1.1, uprated fuelling, but boosting to 1.2 in this cold so prob 350bhp atm

That isn't possible with a stock turbo though. What dyno was this on? They can vary wildly. You have to realise this is like someone coming on and saying they are hitting 470hp with a BPU Supra. The limitation on your car is the turbo, all the mods round about it are first class :)

You will get an increase of around 10hp per 0.1bar on the stock turbo, not 20.

Do you know what the car made at the wheels?

Not a bollocks fig at all, 337bhp on dyno'd printout, car has fmic not chargecooler, blitz ecu, apexi boost set a 1.1, uprated fuelling, but boosting to 1.2 in this cold so prob 350bhp atm

For that figure, at that boost, you'd be needing a GT28RS, or similar turbo.

my mate at work has a GT4 running standard boost, with only a de cat and a graph for 286 bhp, still has the restrictor....just gotta persuade to missus to get one!

oh and it doesnt get near the Supra, only when setting off, but thats to be expected!

Exactly, so 337 bhp with all these mods is bang on!

my mate at work has a GT4 running standard boost, with only a de cat and a graph for 286 bhp, still has the restrictor....just gotta persuade to missus to get one!

oh and it doesnt get near the Supra, only when setting off, but thats to be expected!

What restrictor? The 3SGTE doesn't need/have one. With the decat pipe in the turbo will breathe far easier. Stock boost is around 0.7, with the decat you will see 0.8. A GT4 won't make 287hp at standard boost, its physically impossible on a stock turbo. It is exactly the same engine as in the MR2 only using a charge cooler rather than intercooler. I maxed my MR2 out at 284hp, that was at 1.0bar(Rev2 ceramic turbine) and running slightly more agressive cams.

Exactly, so 337 bhp with all these mods is bang on!

No it isn't. Apparently both cars were done on the same shootout dreaming dyno.

Do you have the WHP figure? That would shine some light on the matter.

Surely further investigation would be needed if anyone wanted to buy the car? Seems to be quite a discussion forming on what was just a 'For Sale' thread!

Until then, 337bhp or not - good luck with the sale.

:)

It's unfair to lead potential buyers along a path of dodgy figures though. I could sell my car as a 500hp bpu monster to gain a sale, but on a forum the members will always point out the inaccuracies for potential buyers.

I know for a fact this isn't deliberate but its just the way it goes.

It's unfair to lead potential buyers along a path of dodgy figures though. I could sell my car as a 500hp bpu monster to gain a sale, but on a forum the members will always point out the inaccuracies for potential buyers.

I know for a fact this isn't deliberate but its just the way it goes.

Please do some proper research before making comments, the car IS dyno'd on an RR day with many other cars getting accurate readings of 320 and 330bhp on the standard turbo, maybe its to do with the shortened fmic piperwork over stock. Read up on the gt4oc and you will see 340bhp IS possible and DOES exist on ct20 turbo

I had six gt4 st205's in the past two years, my last one put a figure of 315bhp so it is possible at 1.1bar on the ct20... I know these cars so well and 300bhp is very easy got plus they run at 1.0bar stock unlike the supra at 0.7 bar ... Just my pennies worth and good look with the sale as it looks great car, always loved the gt4 and I am going over to buy a pearl st205 in two weeks time

What restrictor? The 3SGTE doesn't need/have one. With the decat pipe in the turbo will breathe far easier. Stock boost is around 0.7, with the decat you will see 0.8. A GT4 won't make 287hp at standard boost, its physically impossible on a stock turbo. It is exactly the same engine as in the MR2 only using a charge cooler rather than intercooler. I maxed my MR2 out at 284hp, that was at 1.0bar(Rev2 ceramic turbine) and running slightly more agressive cams.

Sorry, i meant the 112mph restrictor.....he bought the car like it is, and a graph came with it.......I'm only going off this, I have no other proof of power output,was just saying....

Ignoring posts about other GT4 dynos (each is it's own rabbit hole to debate exact spec and circumstances) - you're kidding yourself about the power figure and aren't the first to base it on some dyno graph or other. With the cat still in place that's an inflated figure IMO and I've seen a number of ST205's on the dyno at OC days in the past.

Let's look at the facts, what are the wheel horsepower and torque figures associated with that snippit of a graph?

What is the 1/4m terminal speed associated with that 13.2 ET as that's slow for the supposed power IMO and the terminal will most accurately reflect the power level. As an example, I've done 12's in a BPU ST205.

I don't mean to mess up your for sale thread but contining to claim 350bhp with the cat still in place at that boost level on a stock turbo (chargecooler perfectly adequate at these power levels BTW so FMIC makes no difference) needs BS calling so as not to mislead buyers - Scott is right in his assertion it's like someone trying to pass off a BPU Supra as 500bhp for a sale and such postings will always be called by members.

Cheers,

Brian.