The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats everyone's plans for tonight then?

drift_bear

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working 6pm-4am. No extra pay for me... only if my shift starts on a bank holiday.

gutted! my work are pretty good when it comes to working this time of year, as soon as midnight strikes, its double time and a day in lie :)

looks like ill be another 1 sitting on here tonight and having a couple of beers, everyone is pulling out and i cant be hooped standing for hours at a bar/club in town to get a drink and then paying a stupid ammout for it or even pay a stupid ammount to get into a club in the first place! some of the clubs up here are charging £20 to get in tonight, and thats the rubbish chavvy clubs!

gutted! my work are pretty good when it comes to working this time of year, as soon as midnight strikes, its double time and a day in lie :)

looks like ill be another 1 sitting on here tonight and having a couple of beers, everyone is pulling out and i cant be hooped standing for hours at a bar/club in town to get a drink and then paying a stupid ammout for it or even pay a stupid ammount to get into a club in the first place! some of the clubs up here are charging £20 to get in tonight, and thats the rubbish chavvy clubs!

A girl that sits opposite me at work is paying £45 to get into a club but "it's ok because you get a free glass of champagne"!

i would expect it to be 1 hell of a glass of champagne for that price, like a pint of the stuff! lol.

I'd expect a bottle myself!

I don't think I'd pay over £10 to get in anywhere and really I wouldn't fancy being in a club on NYE, I'd rather be in a pub or at a house party with mates not a bunch of d*ckheads getting drunk and rowdy :)

I'd expect a bottle myself!

I don't think I'd pay over £10 to get in anywhere and really I wouldn't fancy being in a club on NYE, I'd rather be in a pub or at a house party with mates not a bunch of d*ckheads getting drunk and rowdy :)

tell me about it, when i used to work the doors up here, new years eve was always mayhem, but you did get good money and also alot of other treats ;) from female punters. i got asked to work tonight, turned it down cause thought i was doing something, now am not :( was offered £16.50 ph cash in hand to work from 9pm - 4am then a piss up afterwords in the club!

tell me about it, when i used to work the doors up here, new years eve was always mayhem, but you did get good money and also alot of other treats ;) from female punters. i got asked to work tonight, turned it down cause thought i was doing something, now am not :( was offered £16.50 ph cash in hand to work from 9pm - 4am then a piss up afterwords in the club!

Oh man! Nevermind, could be fate that you're not working as something could have happened tonight. Not that it would have done but it'll make you feel better thinking of it that way :D

Wouldn't mind being a doorman, it'd be pretty good I reckon, just stressful when some goons kick off. Guess you get to put them in choke holds and that though! :D

Always the way mate! Something always comes up when you have plans then the plans go out the window! But now your plans are shot you will save the money you were going to spend!

Oh man! Nevermind, could be fate that you're not working as something could have happened tonight. Not that it would have done but it'll make you feel better thinking of it that way :D

Wouldn't mind being a doorman, it'd be pretty good I reckon, just stressful when some goons kick off. Guess you get to put them in choke holds and that though! :D

haha yeah its pretty good like, i loved the job. this is the first time in 4 years ive been offso wanted to enjoy it. you have no idea's about the choke holds and other holds that you learn lol. i could tell you so much stories from the doors, but half of the stuff you wouldnt belive lol, its crazy at times, espically on a full moon! ive been bit, punched, head-butted, kicked, nipped, scratched, had an ash tray over my head, glasses throwin at me, bottles launched towards my head. ive got a scar on the back of my head that needed 4 stitchesause i was hit over the head by a stelleto heel, all cause me and another doorman stopped her boyfriend from hitting her and put him on the ground in a hold and she came and hit us and told us to stop hurting him!

Spent all day on the roof sorting the TV aerial out (after the aerial fitter pointed it in totally the wrong direction) so i'll be in all night revelling in all the channels I now have.

And if I can find the portable heater, I'll be out in the garage fitting the new speakers I got today for the Supra.

These long winter nights fly by.......