The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel choice

JohnHandy

9.5 / 10.5 or 8.5 / 10.5  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 9.5 / 10.5 or 8.5 / 10.5

• 9.5 on the front (go big or go home)
    • 8.5 on the front (stay safe and maybe use a spacer :( )

With an aggressive looking bodykit like that they look good but on a stock bodied Supra I don't think they would be any good.

Yep, my thoughts too. I was going to buy a set of GTC's but they only come in to their own with deep dishes and in-your-face bodykits IMO, hence the reason why Top Secret used them on their demo series of cars. They look OTT on a normal Supe in gold and I don't think there is much point in spending 3.5k on the silver ones. Might as well get a set of rotas and save a mint.

tbh in the picture of the wheel I really do no like them, BUT on the pictures of them on the supras they look really nice although not what I would choose out of choice. Isint it funny how, once installed some wheels just seem to work despite what they look like of the car.

At the end of the day Its your car, so if you like them go for what you wan't and to hell with anyone else.

8.5 et27 will be fine on the front.

10.5 et37 will be fine on the rear, you should be able to get the et27 on ok, jamesy has 11.5 et 25 on the rear of his.

Aren't Jamesy's 11inch with a 24mm offset? Not a massive difference but probably works out to about 5mm more room at the outside than the 11.5 ET25. Does he run the 295 R888 on those bad boys?

Jamesy - are you out there mate? :search:

oh don't know if this is any help but have just found a thread of someone doing his supra up and he has just changed his wheels. what wheels are laying next to his car??? :p may be worth a pm in-case he's going to sell

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?235987-Ridox-with-weds!

Thanks I have already paid up with MVP now and they are in gunmetal and I'm after mercury silver but i bet they will be a bargain for someone ;)