The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Caldina GT-Four

tDR

Quite fancy the latest model of one of these as a new baby buggy, the '02 on one:

Celica GT-Four engine and 4WD running gear with tip autobox in a very practical body. Would be great in the snow too and shouldn't have the suspension issues of the Celica being non superstrut based. ~ 260bhp standard, just a pity they didn't use the chargecooler setup like on the Celica for some extra boost scope without high intake temps.

Trouble is the likes of autotrader doesn't list the Caldina and Pistonheads using advanced search by keyword only shows 4x examples of the Avensis based GT-T pre '02 model.

Jurgen if you're reading this, could you tell me how much one would likely cost in nice condition direct from Japan? I know the exchange rate and perhaps SVA rules may make this impractical. Ideally I'd be after the sought after 'N (Naruse) edition' but not essential.

Anyone else come across this car anywhere for sale?

Cheers,

Brian.

Ive seen the earlier model for sale, someone posted up on ClubAristo. Interesting and quick family transport :)

That would have been me matey, I've been looking at the earlier models and just missed out on one that was on Pistonheads for 2.5k.

Cracking motors!

i will have a look in japan and see how much they cost etc..

cheers

Thanks Jurgen. Would the SVA be a pain in the ass with it being a 2002 on or do you have a way round that? I know there's been a few loopholes over the years - temporary 'camper van' conversions etc.

IVA replaced SVA last year, and (don't quote me, Jurgen would know more than I do :)), I heard that it's less onerous because you no longer need a model report, just the Japanese de-registration document as proof that the car meets Japanese standards.

EDIT:

Sorry, it's next year now, so I meant the year before last. :)

Is it? Sounds like a good excuse to watch it again! :D

Yeah, he's right dude.

"Pull you tongue out of my arsehole, Gary"

"Dogs do that"

"You're not a dog are you, Gary?"

"But you do have all the charicteristics of a dog, all except loyalty"

And so on :D

Looks nice, great little family car, with all the snow we would never be without a 4wd in the family now.

Just looking at your pistonhead adverts, some tasty machines you got listed mate, any more details on this?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2355486.htm

still on stock twins, but the kit is very very nice.. its the abflug gallant demo car.

yes we decided to promote some cars from japan (seems to work as we have sold 3 since december).

still on stock twins, but the kit is very very nice.. its the abflug gallant demo car.

yes we decided to promote some cars from japan (seems to work as we have sold 3 since december).

Well done mate, selling cars this time of year is good work, some tasty GTR's listed.