The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going shopping.....RS4 or Scooby STi..??

Havard

A bit bored today so me and the lads are going having a look at two potential cars. Nipping up to Preston to the Audi dealership.

We will find out on January the 4th what is happening with the missus' job and we could possibly lose the A4 2.0T Tiptronic we are currently using. Since the bad weather came and our 2WD cars really struggled, I have been thinking about getting a 4WD of some sort.

We looked at Range Rovers and typical 4x4s but we now fancy a saloon and the RS4 and the Scooby are on the list. The Subarus are cheaper but I think they look a bit chav, but Mrs H likes them for some reason. The RS4 looks more classy and although over £20K I think it will hold it's price better due to the rarity. I would expect that either way, both would be a hoot to drive.

I would value the opinions of the group and especially people who have owned them.

I will pm Pig as I know he was selling his.

Cheers

H.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS4 is a superb car, the subaru will feel very cheap in comparison.

I haven't owned either, or even sat in one but RS4 all the way as you hardly see any and Imprezas only ever seem to be driven by middle-aged chavs.

My thinking exactly but I will need to persuade the missus. This will be a daily drive so I wondered about fuel costs and putting silly miles on the car etc.

Insurance is good at £655 including business.

H.

If you are worried about fuel costs dont get it, mine is about 17mpg, same 4.2 V8 but not as much power as RS4, i do lots of running about though, only time it goes on the motorway is if im off to SRD.

Obviously if the missus changes her job we don't know where that will be. she currently has an 8 mile round trip to work and back. If that became 80 miles then it would affect our decision making.

I wouldn't even compare the RS4 with the Scooby TBH, are they in the same price bracket? I thought the RS4 was way more than the STi.

The RS4 is double the cost of the scooby..!!

Why not a nice e46 bmw m3?

Or stretch the budget and buy a GTR 35...!

We have 2 kids and 3 at weekends when my daughter visits, so it must have 4 doors and be reasonably practical. Plus the insurance on the M3 is over £900.

H.