The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Awesome Black & Decker Combi Drill offer B&Q Online

far

I've been a Cabinetmaker/Joiner for 26 years and I reckon it's a superb deal for the price so good luck with it.

I had a think and I literally have 10 cordless drills of varying quality (unless I've forgotten any) and it's the batteries that always die before the drills. The only drill failures I've known were with Makita's and Dewalt's. I burnt out a Makita cordless trying to undo a screw that was too tight, so they aren't all man enough either. It depends on the individual model. This B&D will be properly tough for the money.

It's always cheaper to buy a new drill with batteries than just the batteries on brand name drills. For example, I just wore out another two Makita 14.4's at work recently and they paid £104 to replace them both when for another £65 could have bought a new drill and two or three batteries with case and charger from the newer version.

The excellent DeWalt that Jamie recommended can be bought as a bare drill for £50 on ebay but the batteries are cheaper from The States, otherwise......

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/62512/Power-Tools/Batteries-Chargers/DeWalt-DC9180-XJ-18V-Battery-Pack?cm_mmc=Google-_-DeWalt-_-Power%20Tools%20-%20Batteries%20and%20Chargers%20-%20Power%20Tool%20Batteries-_-DC9180?P=P&gclid=CP-K35K3mqYCFVAf4QodJVZ5Yw&source=aw

I'm sure the B&D will be good quality batteries. Longer charge times give a fuller charge and their working life will be greatly extended too. The 'free' accessories will also be good quality.

I'm even tempted myself for backup at home and if there's one thing I've learned, you can never have too many number 2 pozi's and drill bits floating about when you need them. ;)