The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Awesome Black & Decker Combi Drill offer B&Q Online

far

Black & Decker 18v Combi Drill

Decent 18v power drill with two batteries and lots of accessories, was £140 now £49!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/special_offers/images/wk46/new/item9.jpg

Its actually less than half price

NOTE: I had to order mine online for home delivery as its sold out everywhere in stores near me, its free delivery for orders over £50 and this drill is 'conveniently' priced at £49 so also buy the marigold gloves (cheapest item on the website) for £1.16 to bring the total order value to just over £50 to qualify for free delivery otherwise you will pay an extra fiver.

EAN: 5035048314203

Hope this is useful to someone;)

Great price for that amount of kit. I just did a stock check and everyone of my local B&Qs have them in stock.

Nice to see they aren't just dropping the price when there is only 1 in stock in the country.

buy it online dude,they will deliver it free next day if you buy the marigold gloves, lol

yeah kind of turned me off when I read this :( I have a Wickes 15V that seems to do the same job albeit not so many fancy accessories. Still thinking if I should buy it...

I would spend a little more if you plan on doing anything other than very light diy, something like this will be ok on a budget.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88921/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Erbauer-ERE185COM-18V-Combi-Drill

Although this is what i would buy, only one battery though so id have to buy another.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74113/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/DeWalt-18V-Combi-Drill

I once bought a Black and Decker multitool, the motor burned out around 10cm into the first cut, and they wouldn't honour the warranty. Needless to say I won't be buying their crap again. Basic Dewalt and Makita tools aren't much more expensive than Black and Decker stuff, and are much better quality.

Something to add with the dewalt. They are very easy to repair and replacement parts are readily available. My mate is a Joiner and he went through the trigger on his after a year or 2, he passed it on to me and I now have a working £250 drill for the pricely sum of £15+P&P. Not sure if they are all the same but mine has steel internals and the thing is built to last.

Needless to say I'm now my mates drill repair man :D

I would spend a little more if you plan on doing anything other than very light diy, something like this will be ok on a budget.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/88921/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/Erbauer-ERE185COM-18V-Combi-Drill

Although this is what i would buy, only one battery though so id have to buy another.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74113/Power-Tools/Cordless-Drills/DeWalt-18V-Combi-Drill

paying at least twice the price and getting less accessories just to improve charge time doesnt make sense to me since you can always keep the second battery charged up at all times in case the first one runs out

paying at least twice the price and getting less accessories just to improve charge time doesnt make sense to me since you can always keep the second battery charged up at all times in case the first one runs out

My Makita has a 20min charge time, and lasts nigh on forever!!

IMO Charge time is important, you dont know how big a job could potentially escalate to.

What do you want all those tatty accessories for? You only want three things. Drill, Charger, Case.

Chocolate-esque accessories are a pet hate of mine, I throw them all in the bin asap.

Prbably because those accessories will last 5 mins when used properly, and charge time can be extremely important to someone who uses their tools regularly.

Vote for dewalt here as well...

I bought one to do the decking, and it was worth EVERY penny, the quick charge time might seem a useless feature, UNTIL you get delayed waiting for it to charge. 6hours is a LONG time, because lets be honest, how often are you going to make sure they are both topped up BEFORE starting a job (or is that just me ;))

Vote for dewalt here as well...

I bought one to do the decking, and it was worth EVERY penny, the quick charge time might seem a useless feature, UNTIL you get delayed waiting for it to charge. 6hours is a LONG time, because lets be honest, how often are you going to make sure they are both topped up BEFORE starting a job (or is that just me ;))

I've got 2 batteries with mine. I think it takes 1 hour for a full charge but I can't be sure as I've never had to wait. I keep 1 charged at all times. When I start a job I stick the other one in the charger. Managed my whole back garden with both batteries and no waiting time. I reckon I only used the 2nd battery for about half an hour too, the first battery was about 2 hours :D

Dont look at that 18v B&D and think it has the same power as the dewalt 18v, i promise you that B&D drill will be next to useless for anyone serious, they dont list the ah as it will have next to none, and thats where the power is, it only has a 10mm chuck.

Dont look at that 18v B&D and think it has the same power as the dewalt 18v, i promise you that B&D drill will be next to useless for anyone serious, they dont list the ah as it will have next to none, and thats where the power is, it only has a 10mm chuck.

You have to watch out on screwfix as well in general, they will advertise a specific drill, but with an amazing price.

However the batterys they are using arent the usual ones that come with that specific drill - they will be 1.2ah instead of 2.0ah for example

That's the problem, I've owned a Dewalt for many years and the batteries are just about shot now and ain't cheap to replace.

I got a great deal on a Milwaulkee combi drill (Desoutter/Chicago Pneumatic group) a few years back and i have to say it's amazing ! So well balanced and far better built than the Dewalt, TBH I think that Dewalt have sold out a bit to the DIY market as they don't seem as well made these days.

That's the problem, I've owned a Dewalt for many years and the batteries are just about shot now and ain't cheap to replace.

I got a great deal on a Milwaulkee combi drill (Desoutter/Chicago Pneumatic group) a few years back and i have to say it's amazing ! So well balanced and far better built than the Dewalt, TBH I think that Dewalt have sold out a bit to the DIY market as they don't seem as well made these days.

They are definitely as well made as they ever were..... when you buy the pro range. They have sold out a bit to the DIY market though as the £100 drills are nowhere near as good as their £300 range.

The one I have is as solid as a rock, I had that thing in bits and it is VERY well put together. All metal inards make a huge difference to the torque and reliability.