The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A question to the Muslims on the forum.

marc_p

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think this thread was going to last very long, religious subjects rarely do on forums. A great insight though, thanks.

Most people in the UK don't even celebrate Christmas in any religious sense but still a great chance to spend some time with family and take a well earned break from work! :D

Didn't think this thread was going to last very long, religious subjects rarely do on forums. A great insight though, thanks.

Most people in the UK don't even celebrate Christmas in any religious sense but still a great chance to spend some time with family and take a well earned break from work! :D

Thats what i see christmas as, a chance to feast and get very drunk, hang on every day is like christmas:d merry christmas to all.

It's a shame any religions exist at all in this day and age. I guess people need something to "believe" in.

Question for the believers.

When you stopped believing in Father Christmas why did you carry on believing in God?

Because Father Christmas is obviously just a fictional character, whereas God created humans and the Earth in a few days - obviously! ;)

Sod the dinosaurs though, don't mention those. Man didn't know about them when he wrote religions. Same goes for the tectonic plates and subsequent discoveries of evolution and diversity. Or that the Earth wasn't flat, nor the centre of the Universe.

Anyway, Merry "present-giving-day" everyone!

Very informative, and i for one would like to know why you have respect for christians?

Some great posts matey, I would like to know why you have huge respect too :thumbs:

Its a very very long story but ill boil it down to the simple facts. Prophet Mohammed's Grand Son died as a saviour of Islam. He faught against a tirant who tried to manipulate islam to his own gain. He drank, gambled, womanised the full lot and claimed to be a supreme islamic ruler. A huge battle took place in a place called Karbala, its a tragedy that wiped out pretty much all of the prophets family. Our beloved Imam died so that the tirant could not get his way. From Karbala the women of the soldiers that died were beaten and tortured but not killed. they were made to walk from Karbala in Iraq to Damascus in Syria to the tirants Palace. Upon getting there our womens Head scarfs were ripped off and they were being dragged through a market in which stones were being thrown at them (blind idiots following the tirants rule). Now this is the answer to your questions, why i have respect for christians. Whilst stones were being a thrown a CHRISTIAN man ran with scarfs into the stoning frenzy and covered our womens head to keep the respect of our women and screamed to the people to stop for these women were the grand daughters and family of our beloved Prophet Muhammed.

When mis-guided muslims didnt offer respect a christian did for this simple reason i have added respect for christians. Even if you dont believe in Islam i would urge people to google the 'Tragedy of Karbala' and to read that for it shows how much one can do for faith and when things are bad for you in day to day life now you can think back and realise how easy and fortunate are lives are now.

Thats all folks :)

Its a very very long story but ill boil it down to the simple facts. Prophet Mohammed's Grand Son died as a saviour of Islam. He faught against a tirant who tried to manipulate islam to his own gain. He drank, gambled, womanised the full lot and claimed to be a supreme islamic ruler. A huge battle took place in a place called Karbala, its a tragedy that wiped out pretty much all of the prophets family. Our beloved Imam died so that the tirant could not get his way. From Karbala the women of the soldiers that died were beaten and tortured but not killed. they were made to walk from Karbala in Iraq to Damascus in Syria to the tirants Palace. Upon getting there our womens Head scarfs were ripped off and they were being dragged through a market in which stones were being thrown at them (blind idiots following the tirants rule). Now this is the answer to your questions, why i have respect for christians. Whilst stones were being a thrown a CHRISTIAN man ran with scarfs into the stoning frenzy and covered our womens head to keep the respect of our women and screamed to the people to stop for these women were the grand daughters and family of our beloved Prophet Muhammed.

When mis-guided muslims didnt offer respect a christian did for this simple reason i have added respect for christians. Even if you dont believe in Islam i would urge people to google the 'Tragedy of Karbala' and to read that for it shows how much one can do for faith and when things are bad for you in day to day life now you can think back and realise how easy and fortunate are lives are now.

Thats all folks :)

And stories like this are precisely my reasoning behind finding virtually every religion full of falseness, convenient facades, and across history outright corruption. Religion at its core wields power. That power attracts to its leadership the complete wrong type of person. There are very few people that follow the true path of any religions core values. We are too lazy, selfish, and narrow minded as a species to truly commit to the values of religion. The people that realise their inherent weakness's and at least make an effort to abide by the rules without becoming tyrannical about it all are about the best of the bunch.

FWIW I took my children to a christmas mass last night despite the fact that I don't do religion at all. I did it, and encourage them towards prayers etc with their nan who is a proper botherer to allow them to form their own opinions on the whole pullava.

As for a particular religion not celebrating christmas that much considering the fact that most muslims don't drink and these days christmas is pretty much a booze fest I'd of thought its not that much fun, you wouldn't expect Jewish people to be keen on a bacon grill festival would ya lol.

Having so many prophets in a religion must make studying it very hard. Is a prophet similar in nature to a saint?

And stories like this are precisely my reasoning behind finding virtually every religion full of falseness, convenient facades, and across history outright corruption. Religion at its core wields power. That power attracts to its leadership the complete wrong type of person. There are very few people that follow the true path of any religions core values. We are too lazy, selfish, and narrow minded as a species to truly commit to the values of religion. The people that realise their inherent weakness's and at least make an effort to abide by the rules without becoming tyrannical about it all are about the best of the bunch.

FWIW I took my children to a christmas mass last night despite the fact that I don't do religion at all. I did it, and encourage them towards prayers etc with their nan who is a proper botherer to allow them to form their own opinions on the whole pullava.

As for a particular religion not celebrating christmas that much considering the fact that most muslims don't drink and these days christmas is pretty much a booze fest I'd of thought its not that much fun, you wouldn't expect Jewish people to be keen on a bacon grill festival would ya lol.

Having so many prophets in a religion must make studying it very hard. Is a prophet similar in nature to a saint?

good post, found myself agreeing to a lot of it.