The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A question to the Muslims on the forum.

marc_p

Just a quick question, why don't you guys celebrate Christmas? I thought that if you strip everything away then basically Christian's and Muslims have the same god, it's just that you guy's have that additional prophet guy that came along. So surely Jesus is in your religion aswell?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, I doubt it TBH, it's just a normal question.

Indeed but a few people seem to start debates that turn into arguements over anything to do with religion.

Hopefully it'll just stay as a simple question with on topic answers :)

I've wondered the same thing too.

When I worked in the middle east I used to hate the Muslim xmas equivalent 'Ramadan' because it's a month long and lots of none dedicated Muslims all of a sudden became hard core Muslim and milk it. Because they are not able to eat during the day the law is that they only have to work half day some won’t even work that. The expats would have to work twice as hard for that month for the same pay.

Right, here we go to answer your question Marc. Essentially christians make a big celebration of Xmas because they believe that Jesus was the son of God and christianity resolves around Jesus himself. essentially if there was no jesus, there would be no christianity. So obviously Jesus's birth would be a christians most important day thus all the celebrations etc.

what im trying to get through and will explain is the level of which people celebrate. it will make sense more as your read on.

Now Jesus is known to muslims as Hazrat Esa (prophet jesus). we have in total 124,000 prophets to which prophet Muhammed was the last. its not that we dont celebrate christmas, as in yes christmas is the birth of one of our prophets but essentially each prophet is equal deliveirng gods message, so wouldnt you say its a bit unfair we celebrate one prophets birth and not the others? further to this, you celebrate Jesus's birth because your religion resolves around his existence, for us we believe in our final prophet and our Imams after him as our faith resolves around them, do you understand my drift?

what im trying to say is in a nut shell that muslims will and do celebrate christmas but its not to the hype end level as christians :) because this is an event that is more should i say important to christians.

Eid is our equivlent to your Xmas because its an event that resolves around our beliefs and so we celebrate that.

My heart is clean and incase i have offended anybody this was not my goal and i apologise, its wrong and against Islam to offend anybodys belief or to speak dis-respectfully of them or thier belief.

Me and Septic have the same way of answering questions. you ask we answer, yet if you offend we will tell you,

Simples!

I would like to add that due to Jesus (Hazrat Esa) and Moses (Hazrat Musa) Jews, Christians and Muslims and interallated. We believe in the same people but different definitions of them. these differences have led to different paths to which all three believe they are correct. Each to their own and i respect each ones faith. Many times i have heard people curse at Muslims God or Jews God or Christians God, but they forget that all 3 religions believe in the same God but believe in different ways in which his guidance was brought down, Jews God via Moses, Christians God via Jesus and Muslims God via Muhammed (SAW).

I for one have huge i mean unbelieveable respect for christians which if anybody wants to know the reason why ill post but otherwise i wont.

A muslim won't celebrate Christmas because none of the prophets observed it, or orderdered that it be observed - so to start observing it would be sort of 'making it up as they go along'.

Furthermore, as mentioned previously, it is a pagan ritual and has roots in being quite material, for instance, buying presents. It is also to celebrate the status of Jesus and his relationship with 'God'. Islam rejects these motions as a faith.

your very welcome sir, on the forum here we should push to learn and understand rather than make a silly little (some innocent) comment that one could interpret wrong and kick off a fuss, essentially the important factor that was there is lost in pages worth of arguements. Marc asked a very genuine good question and i answered, this is the way it should always be!

Furthermore, as mentioned previously, it is a pagan ritual and has roots in being quite material, for instance, buying presents. It is also to celebrate the status of Jesus and his relationship with 'God'. Islam rejects these motions as a faith.

Good post.

Now Jesus is known to muslims as Hazrat Esa (prophet jesus). we have in total 124,000 prophets to which prophet Muhammed was the last. its not that we dont celebrate christmas, as in yes christmas is the birth of one of our prophets but essentially each prophet is equal deliveirng gods message, so wouldnt you say its a bit unfair we celebrate one prophets birth and not the others?

Not all Prophets have the same status, In Islam Jesus (PBUH) for one has an elevated status along with Prophet Mohd (PBUH) due to their role to mankind past and in the future.

Good post.

Not all Prophets have the same status, In Islam Jesus (PBUH) for one has an elevated status along with Prophet Mohd (PBUH) due to their role to mankind past and in the future.

Seems like a confusing religion. Do you have to know the names of all 124,000 prophets? :p

Right, here we go to answer your question Marc.........

Cheer's Adnan, much appreciated, I understand it now :)

To be fair 90% of celebrants are only worshipping the god of capitalism!! I detest the values christmas has become.

:yeahthat:

I think it has become far too material now, I think a lot of people need reminding what it's actually about.

All for baby steps provided one refrains from the potential to contradict oneself.

so wouldnt you say its a bit unfair we celebrate one prophets birth and not the others?

Most Muslims celebrate the birth of Prophet Mohd (PBUH) but you will seldom see us celebrating the birth of any other prophet inc Hazrat Isa (PBUH) (and he has an elevated status).

and what did i say IMI? did i not say their faith resolves around Jesus and thats why theres a difference in celebration levels?

anyways i said what i needed, if anybody wants to know anything else, please do make use of the forum and pm's and attempt to make this religion aspect more respectful and welcoming.