The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2011 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening line should read 'Super-rich short-arse admits to making up a load of boll*cks in order to drum up excitement for a damp squib of a race that offers nothing to F1 except more money for the rich from the rich'.

"The danger is obvious, isn't it? If these people wanted to make a fuss and get worldwide recognition it would be easy, wouldn't it?

"You start making a problem on the start grid in Bahrain and it would get worldwide coverage."

No, that's not given anyone an idea to buy a ticket to the GP and do that, in turn promoting the GP a lot more..

So, the GP2 race weekend has been cancelled, and F1 testing due at Bahrain in just over two weeks time. It's not looking great.

I think it'd make an interesting race having to swerve round all the protesters each lap. I remember that one race where a bloke in a kilt invaded the track briefly a few years back.

It takes a week or so to get all the gear in to place before the race doesn't it?

What about the security of moving all this gear in to place.

Even if they stopped rioting in the next few days it would be tight, and whats to say the people wouldn't use the media scrum of F1 to protest.

Next day or so i reckon little Bernie will announce something