The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boiler issues

Guest wantthatone

Its gets stranger, i just turned all 3 taps on together in the kitchen and bathroom, there was air bubble sounds then brown water came through and now hot and clear again. Maybe something is sticking or there was an airlock but it seems to be working again.

Thank you for all your advice everyone, just hope it keeps going.

Its gets stranger, i just turned all 3 taps on together in the kitchen and bathroom, there was air bubble sounds then brown water came through and now hot and clear again. Maybe something is sticking or there was an airlock but it seems to be working again.

Thank you for all your advice everyone, just hope it keeps going.

Lucky sod :)

Combi boilers don't have external tanks of any kind, and don't have electric heaters in them. I'd guess the diverter valve (should be located within the boiler casing) is faulty, or if there's a flow of water from the overflow, the safety relief valve will probably be faulty.

Could also be a PCB board, but I would think this unlikely.

We do... (I think)...

Got a tank in the loft for the central heating, a cold water large tank, and then a tank in the airing cupboard with an immersion heater. Our boiler down stairs runs both central heating and hot water, or is that not a combi boiler? (I have no clue when it comes to what's what with these systems)

i think combi boilers don't have tanks,as the central heating is a sealed system that can be topped up . The tap hot water is on demand straight from the boiler which is mains water fed.

A relative has a free standing boiler. i think it's a potterton? It heats the central heating and has a tank and emersion. This is not a combi boiler.

i think combi boilers don't have tanks,as the central heating is a sealed system that can be topped up . The tap hot water is on demand straight from the boiler which is mains water fed.

A relative has a free standing boiler. i think it's a potterton? It heats the central heating and has a tank and emersion. This is not a combi boiler.

Our is a potterton, I understand what you mean, I thought combi referred to the fact that it did both heating and hot water. Understand now :)