The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What estate car £6k - £8k

edge

Must be reliable

40mpg+

large boot to carry two large dogs

Comfortable

I have ruled out audi down to reliability being an issue and small boot in the A4's

Bmw's i have a had alot of them and want something different.

I have an 99 td toyota avensis estate at the moment with about 182k miles on and the only thing that don't work is the rear window mech.

It's super reliable and not bad on a long journey but it is what it is.

I thought suffered from alot of problems but the facelifted e class gets you a high mileage one with about 160k miles +.

But the C class (C270) seems more economical on fuel than the C220'd and reliability seems very good and a 2004 facelift onwards in my budget.

Another was on the cheaper end and that's Honda accord icdti facelift and they come with fairly good spec but just not as nice interior of the merc but look better on the outside but an interior is what i care about as i will sitting in it.

I do over 50k miles a year in a ford so i need something ok to drive.

Passat diesel for that sort of money :)

Put off as i know someone who works for VW that worked for toyota and say they are not as good as they used to be. Infact some petrol cars going back to ht leads etc.

Some kind of Volvo?

I'm Far too young :tongue:

Alfa 159 diesel, may seem like a contradiction as its an alfa but the new jtdm engines are superb

Would love an alfa but not for a reliable daily drive for the other half.

Alfa's leak

But they look good.:innocent:

mondeo estate?

Had a mondeo before and they dont wear that well. Plus i drive a ford all day.

This is third on my list as they do an auto. Heard that 6 speed is not a nice a gearbox that was in the 2.0 d4d's 5 speed and would prefer the 2.2 though.

The 180bhp one is nice but don't find many.

Injector issues on some and headgaskets aswel but it's not a huge problem like audi have with 2.0 tdi's chain guide thingy.

Alot of jap cars are going auto now in diesels but they are out of budget at £17k plus.

jag x type estate some nice examples in your budget

:yeahthat:

We have one (a 2.0D Sport) and they're great. mid 40's/gallon all day long. So well insulated (sound wise) in the back that you could forget you're in an estate car. Comfortable, reliable and not too expensive to run as it's the Ford 2.0 TDCi engine.

:yeahthat:

We have one (a 2.0D Sport) and they're great. mid 40's/gallon all day long. So well insulated (sound wise) in the back that you could forget you're in an estate car. Comfortable, reliable and not too expensive to run as it's the Ford 2.0 TDCi engine.

I do like the look of these and have a quick look in a one of my customers cars . But the thing that put me off was that it's supposed to be ford parts all over and a mondeo or similar feel rough and sloppy to drive after 100k miles as the german and jap stuff still feels pretty good,.

What mileage you done in yours and have you driven a lower mileage or high mileage to compare?