The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aristo 2JZ into a Supra

Swampy442

If the complete unit was supplied, engine, loom, ECU, mounts, pipework, gearbox, everything, would it be a straight forward swap? It would be a pre VVTI engine.

Im looking at getting another car for parts, and whipping the engine out to get some money back, logical place to put it up would be here :)

TIA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate do a search, I've done 2 aristo engines in supras and there's a world of stuff that's different. I did a thread with all variants.

Off the top of my head you will need to change:-

Upper sump

Lower sump

Oil level sensor

Engine mount brackets

Water pump

Throttle body

Plenum

Engine Loom

Y-piece on turbo pipes is different but can be used.

Turbo oil drain follows a slightly different path, so may need to use the supra 1 to match the upper sump.

Apart from this it fits :-)

Mate do a search, I've done 2 aristo engines in supras and there's a world of stuff that's different. I did a thread with all variants.

Off the top of my head you will need to change:-

Upper sump

Lower sump

Oil level sensor

Engine mount brackets

Water pump

Throttle body

Plenum

Engine Loom

Y-piece on turbo pipes is different but can be used.

Turbo oil drain follows a slightly different path, so may need to use the supra 1 to match the upper sump.

Apart from this it fits :-)

So if you have a whole engine with all the Upper sump

Lower sump

Oil level sensor

Engine mount brackets

Water pump

Throttle body

Plenum

attached (Aristo) You dont have to bother with them? Could i use the fan off my N/a engine? and poss the water pump? (Any bits swapable?)

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

N/A to TT and vice versa water pump swaps don't work, mounting bolt spacing is different, so is impeller. I wouldn't worry about the oil level sensor, they are flaky and not to be trusted. Just plate the hole off. You need to swap the other lower end stuff to get it in the subframe. It REALLY is easier to sell and buy a TT

Everything on that list must be taken from the supra engine and fitted to the aristo engine or it won't fit.

The loom is totally different and I mean totally. Even the ECU multiplug is different. I've got an aristo loom in the shed ready to go to the tip. I think there's a guy in the states who mods an aristo loom with an N/A loom to fit a supra but can't imagine it's cheap.

The plenum has no brake booster pipe on top.

The trac stepper motor on the TB is totally different to a supra but both of the above could be modded to fit.

The water pump has a PAS cooler running through it.

Engine mount brackets are way too small cos an aristo bay is much narrower than a supra.

Upper and lower sump is the wrong round but you could mod N/A sumps to fit.

Igniter bracket is different.

Oil level sensor has a different connector to a supra god knows why so does the water temp sensor.

Y-piece turbo pipe has the recurc valve bolted direct to the pipe but a supra fits to a hose. This would be fine if you don't run a BOV or you buy a specific BOV for an Aristo.

Turbo oil drain follow a different path due to the sump so I'd advise use the supra ones or mod the aristo pipes to fit.

I THINK that's it. If anyone needs any advice on this don't hesitate to p.m me.

The conversion looks s

. It REALLY is easier to sell and buy a TT

Not when you have spent as much as i have getting it to look how i wanted it Chris ;)

Everything on that list must be taken from the supra engine and fitted to the aristo engine or it won't fit.

The loom is totally different and I mean totally. Even the ECU multiplug is different. I've got an aristo loom in the shed ready to go to the tip. I think there's a guy in the states who mods an aristo loom with an N/A loom to fit a supra but can't imagine it's cheap.

The plenum has no brake booster pipe on top.

The trac stepper motor on the TB is totally different to a supra but both of the above could be modded to fit.

The water pump has a PAS cooler running through it.

Engine mount brackets are way too small cos an aristo bay is much narrower than a supra.

Upper and lower sump is the wrong round but you could mod N/A sumps to fit.

Igniter bracket is different.

Oil level sensor has a different connector to a supra god knows why so does the water temp sensor.

Y-piece turbo pipe has the recurc valve bolted direct to the pipe but a supra fits to a hose. This would be fine if you don't run a BOV or you buy a specific BOV for an Aristo.

Turbo oil drain follow a different path due to the sump so I'd advise use the supra ones or mod the aristo pipes to fit.

I THINK that's it. If anyone needs any advice on this don't hesitate to p.m me.

The conversion looks s

Cheers chap, I will pm if i need any more info :thumbs:

However, if you consider that you would fit a new water pump if you were transplanting a used Supra TT engine (you would, wouldn't you? :))...

Could the N/A engine mounts be used?

Because the Aristo engine i have has the water pump and and every thing on and my N/a doesent have the power steering cooler running through it im guessing i could just block them up? the N/a mounts i guess could be used as its the same block

What I meant was...

The Aristo has a double pump - one part is the water pump, and the other part is the hydraulic pump for the cooling fan. You can substitute a complete Supra TT water pump for the complete Aristo TT water pump. Since you'd want to replace the pump anyway, even on a Supra engine, it's not a huge extra expense when you have to replace it on an Aristo engine.

What I meant was...

The Aristo has a double pump - one part is the water pump, and the other part is the hydraulic pump for the cooling fan. You can substitute a complete Supra TT water pump for the complete Aristo TT water pump. Since you'd want to replace the pump anyway, even on a Supra engine, it's not a huge extra expense when you have to replace it on an Aristo engine.

im prob missing something here but why would you need a hydraulic pump for a cooling fan? I was just going to bung up the hydraulic pipes and keep the Aristo water pump on the Aristo engine?