The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removal pricing??

fizzle

A friend of a friend has asked me to help move them from northampton - eastbourne, basically fill my van with stuff, empty it other end then drive back... it's a 350 mile round trip roughly 3.5hrs each way in average traffic according to route planner plus loading unloading time etc!

they want it doing before chrimbo but i have no idea what to charge them? is the going rate £1 per mile or is that something i dreamt up.. was sceptical to agree to anything especially now the snow is meant to be coming back next week!!

£1 per mile is recovery truck rates !! if there a friend of a friend dont you help them out and get your expenses covered and they bung you a nice drink ???

Seeing as its Xmas as well ;)

£100 in fuel and if you want £10 per hour then £170 all in :)

not a friend, just a mate passed on my number. i don't know them, but mate knew i had a van and not much work on..

i'm expecting it to take alot longer as its m1 m25 direction and will hit rush hour each way.. then if we get more snow it could take forever!

not a friend, just a mate passed on my number. i don't know them, but mate knew i had a van and not much work on..

i'm expecting it to take alot longer as its m1 m25 direction and will hit rush hour each way.. then if we get more snow it could take forever!

Dude why on earth are you going that way ? have always gone a43 m40 a34 it'll save you hours ! and is all dual carriageway and motorway

well i thought it would be £100ish in diesel, so quoted £250 weather permitting, they nearly bit my hand off! So asked what her other quotes had been... she had 6 other quotes cheapest quote she had was £450, one guy quoted £650!! £1 per mile now seems a more realistic price!

Anyone need anything moving from eastbourne to northampton, lol

Dude why on earth are you going that way ? have always gone a43 m40 a34 it'll save you hours ! and is all dual carriageway and motorway

sorry my bad its eastbourne not bournemouth!!

That's why I just put "beer" rather than "a beer" because then you can tell them to read the small print which would read along the lines of;

"Beer refers to a years' supply"

:D

My apologies and my error reading your post to quickly :)

I like your thinking man !!

Seems only fair to me :)