The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with the boiler.......

imi

He's keeping them warm by burning copies of the Daily Mail ;):D

Sorry IMI, don't know how much to fit, I would assume all in all it's about half a days work what with draining and flushing ?

Plus, the installer usually wants to make a little on the parts. Most that I know wouldn't do a fit only.

Plus, the installer usually wants to make a little on the parts. Most that I know wouldn't do a fit only.

True, but at least he now knows what the part costs and a 'little' mark up is ok but in my experience tradesmen are less likely to tuck you up if you've done a little research.

Agreed but the mark up they are trying on is very steep, I put 15% on any materials i supply which is the norm.

Dont change the fact imi needs to stop dicking about and get these peoples heating back on regardless of costs.:D

Agreed but the mark up they are trying on is very steep, I put 15% on any materials i supply which is the norm.

Dont change the fact imi needs to stop $#@!ing about and get these peoples heating back on regardless of costs.:D

Lets just say that the agents that are supposed to be managing this property arent really doing what they should be. Still waiting for them to quote me on a new boiler system, more importantly with an repair / install date. my tenants have been without heating since Sunday last week and personally I just want heating in the house whatever it takes. Dont understand why it is proving to be such a struggle.

I am the one looking for heating engineers and its proving to be a nightmare. with any luck they will install a new Bosch system on Monday.

:yeahthat:

And you cancelled your maintainence contract during some of the worst climate conditions of recent times? Getting a gas engineer will be a nightmare at the moment!

indeed - that was a mistake - allowed them to get away scott free after over 7 years of a homecare contract, lesson learnt there :( - my mistake for trusting the agent.

OK, work is going to commence on Monday.

What is a good boiler to go for?

Bosch, Potterton, etc

It has to obviously be a condensing boiiler and not a combi type.

If they are fitting a condensing boiler, get them to fall short on the exit pipe(dont know the exact words) so it doesnt go INTO the outside grid, let it sit above it allow the water to drop at least 10cm or so.

The reason is, most of the people with boiler problems this year and last have had the outside grid water freeze up, and it can freeze up the pipe and thus the boiler will switch off.

Hope that helps.