The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with the boiler.......

imi

Tenants just called to let me know that the boiler has packed in...... had it serviced by British gas as part of their annual service two weeks ago, been with then for 5 years and we just decided to cancel the 40 pound a month home care contract and the boiler packs in.

Anyone know a boiler engineer that can go out and visit the property in isleworth asap.

Other than BG who are really expensive are there any other companies that provide a heating care service?

Lucy works for Homeserve - they do instant cover policies (although she doesn't know how much or anything). I'd give them a look.

thanks bud, am checking their site out.

if I understand it correctly there is a fixed charge of 58 pounds to sort out the boiler - would be nice if you can check that with lucy.

regards

thanks bud, am checking their site out.

if I understand it correctly there is a fixed charge of 58 pounds to sort out the boiler - would be nice if you can check that with lucy.

regards

She thinks that's about right, but that might then tie you into a contract. She's never worked in the sales side, so she's not 100% on what is currently offered.

What brand of boiler is it?

Are there any display lights?

Its a Potterton NetaHeat Electronic; been faultless for the past 10 years that weve had the house. Not sure about exactly whats wrong with it but certainly no GCH or Hot Water in the house.

Called Homeserve today to take them up on their £58 fixed price offer; their reply

"We have no Gas Engineers to send out"; and I thought British Gas were the clowns........:rolleyes:

Called Homeserve today to take them up on their £58 fixed price offer; their reply

"We have no Gas Engineers to send out"; and I thought British Gas were the clowns........:rolleyes:

I had the misfortune to have contact with Homeserve through the Halifax home insurance a few months back when we had a leaking water pump, never again :(

They are the most dishonest bunch of cowboys I've ever had contact with, even after a formal complaint to the insurance company about their behaviour they still didn't get back to us as promised and the call centre staff must get training on how to lie :blink:

Sorry to the person who works for them, this is just my experience with the many calls I had with them.

I'm here but I don't do Gas Boilers :D

:) - sure you must have some good trustworthy contacts.

I am keen on getting this resolved for my tenants as they have kids / with the weather so cold this needs to be addressed asap.

Question:

The current boiler is a Potterton NetaHeat Electronic (a non-condensing boiler).

If they cant fix it and suggest a replacement:

- what type of boiler should I go for?

- what is a good efficient one, that is reliable and comes with a multi-year warranty

- how much should it cost to install

- anyone that one can recommend that can is trustworthy and honest that can do the job this week (be it repair or replace),

any advice from the experts here would be appreciated.

Its a Potterton NetaHeat Electronic;

It will probably by the main circuit board thats gone, i have the exact same model and i have already replaced it once and its starting to play up again.

Do a full reset on it and you should get some hours out of it.

I paid £250 for the replacement card from memory if indeed thats whats gone pop

Its a Potterton NetaHeat Electronic;

It will probably by the main circuit board thats gone, i have the exact same model and i have already replaced it once and its starting to play up again.

Do a full reset on it and you should get some hours out of it.

I paid £250 for the replacement card from memory if indeed thats whats gone pop

the heating engineer came back with the following:

"We attended property and inspected system/boiler, the system has a lack of water which seems to be being caused by either the cold feed or the air separator.

Requires a new 22mm air separator and three hours to check cold feed

It will be £245 + VAT for new 22mm air separator and £50 an hour for investigation."

Not sure whether this is a known issue and whether the fix is reasonable or not :(

Are people living in this house? no heating for 5 days now while you get your act together or am i reading it wrong?

:yeahthat:

And you cancelled your maintainence contract during some of the worst climate conditions of recent times? Getting a gas engineer will be a nightmare at the moment!

Are people living in this house? no heating for 5 days now while you get your act together or am i reading it wrong?

He's keeping them warm by burning copies of the Daily Mail ;):D

Sorry IMI, don't know how much to fit, I would assume all in all it's about half a days work what with draining and flushing ?

He's keeping them warm by burning copies of the Daily Mail ;):D

Sorry IMI, don't know how much to fit, I would assume all in all it's about half a days work what with draining and flushing ?

Plus, the installer usually wants to make a little on the parts. Most that I know wouldn't do a fit only.