The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Animal cruelty a sad reality of recession

Terminator

You good people are so kind, in a world full of hate, selfishness and consumerism it's so very good to see that we can at least be benevolent to those with no agenda and little hope. If they could say thank you I am sure they would :)

The turkeys thank you for your kind words.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an up date on Belle. She has really settle in, has a lovely nature and has just grown and grown, she must be just over a year old now, weighing in at 5.2kg and is as big as our long haired Tom cat, one of the largest cats in the area, who has been known to frighten dog owners by doing an impersonation of a Black Panther. I am not joking I over heard dog owners who refuse to take their dog down a local walk near by due to panther rumours, but that is another story.

We researched several Forest Breeds and had a Norwegian Forest breeder take a look at her and he is not quite sure what she is, but she has traits from two of the largest domestic cat breeds, Maine Coon, and Norwegian Forest and could even be a MC/NF cross. For those that don't know, these breeds they largest in the cat family and the only types of domestic cat that can climb down trees going forwards, due to their short front, long rear leg combination, they can also climb walls, they are amazing hunters too. Belle has another 2 years of growing to do and a further years before she get her first spectacular winter coat, so she is going to be huge. We have been so taken by this breed that one of my sons has bought a pedigree Norwegian Forest boy called Billy, he will end up 2- 3 kgs heavier than Belle when he is fully grown at 3 - 4 years old. There is another, Billy's cousin on whom we have first refusal as we just love the nature and high intelligence of theses cats, they get on so well with all our other animals as well. Will post some updated pics later.

I hate reading stuff like this, If people have to do this ( and id rather they did'nt ) cant they put them in a box somewhere where they have a chance of being found? Why a black bag down a lane? These animals have done nothing wrong!!!

I'd love to catch hold of the people who did this and :hang: them. Im a huge animal lover, and would go out of my way just to save them. Me and my girlfriend recently took in two female bengal kittens ( Mia and Cleo ), and having only had them a few weeks discovered that Mia was very ill :( She was not putting on any weight and was being sick alot. After a few visits to the vets and once to the emergency vets at 2am they told us that they thought she had FIP, a condition that would kill her off and we would be lucky if she was alive in the morning. But being the little fighter that she was she kept on going, and started to make little steps to getting better, although by this time her sister was much bigger and stronger, which was causing concern for the vets that she should be in a far better state of health. It was later discovered that the problem was that her small intestine was'nt working properly, and that the reason for being sick was that her body was taking some goodness out her food, but rejecting the rest. The vets told us she was in a pretty bad way, and that we needed to make a decision on either having her put down, or letting them open her up for a better look, but the second option may still result in death.

This is where animal cruelty can come in, do you attemt to save a life, or fail them? The operation and all the vets bill had gone way over £1000, but id have paid it ten times over to see her grow up and have a full and happy life, plus her sister would be devistated.

The operation proved a success, as they could see the problem more clearly, and were able to give her treatment that would kick start her intestine again, on the day of her operation Mia was a tiny 1lb 12oz, compared to Cleo being 3lb 13oz. Over the last few weeks Mia has managed to get her weight up to just shy of 3lb and is making great progress, her sister is very happy to have her around, and as stupid as it sounds i think Mia is very greatfull for what we did for her.

This is Mia

Her Sister Cleo

This is them before Mia was ill

And i managed to catch Cleo trying to strangle Mia lol

Will try and get some more recent pictures, not taken any for a while.