The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein Spring Seat ??

dandan

hi mate if your in no rush i have a scrap set from my rolled car, sure there is a seat avalible from them.

Thanks james, I may well take you up on that. When do you think you could whip them off?

If you are desperate I can take one off a new set of dampers and order another to replace it.

Thanks Chris. How much would you want for one including the postage?

Still waiting for price and availability, obviously I don't want a set of four dampers with one missing a spring seat in stock :) Let me know if you get sorted meanwhile, thanks Dan.

Thanks Chris - will keep you posted.

how easy are the seats to remove? will a suitable diameter tube/drift and a hammer do it!...........I'm 99% i have a fubared Bilstein in the garage....

Easy :) A hammer and block of wood would do. You need to turn the damper upside down and tap the seat gently all the way round (it's only an internal shoulder sat on a C clip). A bit of WD40 might be needed for a little soak to free things up if there's any corrosion in there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.