The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know anything about getting rid of a spirit that has come in from the cold ?

michel lane

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alan3579

I had the same type of experience. Now I am a very sceptical person when it comes to ghosts, ghouls and spirits, however there was no other explanation. So we got a medium in and left them to it. I suppose you could call it a form of excorcism for want of a better word, and all is well.

Don't knock the unknown.

Ok for a serious answer.

Do you have an iphone?

There is an Iphone app that records you sleeping, ie activated by noise and if you talk in your sleep etc it will record you.

Same principles will work if you left the phone in the landing, it'll activate when it "senses" a noise. This'll record all your creaks and bangs and footsteps for us to hear.

Oh and you have to post up your results on here. Ghosts or no ghosts

EDIT: "Sleep talk" is the name

Good suggestion with Sleep Talk.

Its bloody funny to listen to the noises you make while your asleep!! The Door opening part however is a bit freaky, isnt it usually only a certain type of ghost/spirit that is able to move solid objects?

Nah they can all learn that, Patrick Swayze did anyway!!!!!!

Been there. Done that. New Year's Eve vigil a few years ago at a haunted pub - The Ancient Forrester in deepest darkest Ascot. Hoping for flying beer glasses skidding across the bar (as reported by bar staff) so I set up an audio recorder on the landing above the bar where my co-investigator was and I kept vigil on the floor in front of the bar all night.

Must've dozed off as I was abruptly awakened in darkness by a terrible wailing noise around 0530 on New Year's Day. Noise got worse. And my heart rate went sky high. Till I saw a shadowy grey figure in the dining area bloody well vacuuming. WTF! The muppet was a contract cleaner gettig his jobs done very early. Worse - no smashed glasses near the bar area, and the only sound recorded all night on my mp3 recorder was snoring from my colleague... and a bloody hangover and thumping headache. Fun eh?

p.s. Have you tried asking for sexual favours from the ghost? worked for me:)
I wouldn't do that, it might give you the willies.

Surely only people who believe in ghosts would say they heard noises that 'can only be a ghost'? Anyone else hearing the same noises would find another explanation.

Only if another plausible explanation is forthcoming. Many people who believe in ghosts think they have exhausted other plausible explanations. I stress "plausible" because anyone could come up with whacky explanations (whether a ghost is itself a whacky explanation is an individual matter for the reader) such as, "Maybe my neighbour has invented a ray gun which can cause doors to open."

To the OP: you could do a few experiements, such as if the door in question is free-moving, wedge some paper under the door so that a slight draught couldn't open or close it. Do you live with anyone else? Could your dog have nudged the door open/closed?

If you listen to old wives tales, then a circle of salt will provide protection for you, and clean your house ... from an experimental point of view I'd consider making a more complex single border manifold shape in salt to form a maze out of salt lines in your hallway for giggles - if you could determine a way to close it at an appropriate time you may even have the beginnings of a ghostbusters style trap :-)

I'd put this down to the weather, though. And your dog being tetchy. And scary movies.

Thermocouples can be useful in detecting ghosts.

Isn't it amazing the power that can be harnessed by two people, simply by wearing wooly underpants.

Michel, if you ain't bothered by the spirits coming and going just put a note on the door saying "Either close the feckin' door or learn to pass through the bloody thing like most self-respecting dead people do. Amateur!"