The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speeding

GazB

I was offered one but it erm, never materialised lol. From what Thames valley told me the course costs between 60 and 120 quid and takes place on a saturday morning at a church/village hall/somewhere and you will be given a series of lectures and films on the subject of speeding and hazards associated with it :)

I was offered one but it erm, never materialised lol. From what Thames valley told me the course costs between 60 and 120 quid and takes place on a saturday morning at a church/village hall/somewhere and you will be given a series of lectures and films on the subject of speeding and hazards associated with it :)

That sounds ok on a Saturday morning, not much more expensive that taking fine and without the 3 points

Yep - just need to sit in a room for a couple of hours listening to them talk and watching a couple of videos. I DID appreciate that it wasn't a 3-hour, "speeding is bad m'kay" preach and I learned a couple of vaguely interesting facts, but nothing that's affected the way I drive.

Yep - just need to sit in a room for a couple of hours listening to them talk and watching a couple of videos. I DID appreciate that it wasn't a 3-hour, "speeding is bad m'kay" preach and I learned a couple of vaguely interesting facts, but nothing that's affected the way I drive.

That's about the thick of it, but you will always get that one knob who tries to answer every question and ask what he thinks are intelligent and thought provoking question himself.

i went on one earlier this year, it was actually quite interesting, well parts of it.

i thought it was going to be patronising people giving us a lecture but it wasnt, it was alright really with a nice bunch of people.

just sit and listen for a couple of hours and thats it, no points on your liscence at least!

i did still speed home after it tho lol!

I did one, wasn't *as* bad as I thought it might be. From what I was told, you have to do it in the area where your offence took place so mine was a 40 mile trip up north for a 7:45am start :( The only other time option was 5pm. Learnt a few things I didn't know (mainly about driving lorries) but found a few things patronising and annoying. Mine cost £60

One guy did turn up on his bike in full leathers and made the mistake of saying he was bit cold at 80mph on the motorway :D

I did one a few years back,

one of the questions we were asked is why was you speeding the answers from around the room were "late for work" in a rush to get to shop before it closed etc" came to my turn " my girlfriend was doing something which distracted me attention it was well worth the £60 fine"

another question was why do you speed same excuses late etc etc came to me " cause it fun makes a journey less boring " i got a few frowns but at least I don't lie !

38 in a 30 fixed camera that i know is there, 1 of 2 in a village i pass through on way home from work.

Was on phone, thought someone had set a fire work off at side of car(it was Nov 5th) :D

I was in merc wanting to get home and then out again to Butlins for 70's weekend, not rushing just not concentrating fully :(

38 in a 40 fixed camera that i know is there, 1 of 2 in a village i pass through on way home from work.

Was on phone, thought someone had set a fire work off at side of car(it was Nov 5th) :D

I was in merc wanting to get home and then out again to Butlins for 70's weekend, not rushing just not concentrating fully :(

You got caught for doing 38 in a 40? I'd argue that! :p