The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Offer i received for my car

rajsingh13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your creating the wrong impression if you turn up to quote work in that, just comes across as a bad boys truck to me, no idea what their like as i've never been in one, a good idea is google Isuzu D Max Crew cab and search for faults etc

If i was 30 yrs younger then i'd probably want one :D

I had this sort of hassle with a guy when i put my Evo IV up for sale, he offered me 2k below the listing price about 20 mins after i'd put the advert up. I politely informed him that it'd only just gone up for sale, and that i'd be mad to take 2k less than what i had it up for, which was cheap enough as it was. Over the next few days, he plagued me with emails trying to get me to sell it, and even took off another £500 and made an offer of £2,000 saying that it was generous despite mine being very clean and well looked after. I sold it the following week for £4000 cash in hand, the guy didnt even try to knock me down, he said it was the best Evo IV he'd viewed my a clear mile. My advice is just ignore him, indulging him just gives HIM something to reply too.

No idea how old the Fronteras are your looking at but we had 3 a few years ago as company cars (building comp) and they were crap, we got them brand new and had a great deal on them but never again, total load of junk hence i guess why their cheap now, like p38 range rovers their cheap and have more faults than you can wave a stick at.

thats a no for fronteras as well then

This was approx 8 yrs ago but all 3 had to go back, be fixed then a few weeks later go back again and so on, i dont doubt there are probably some that dont have any issues but not in my experiance.

I searched for a good 4x4 just like you are but my biggest priority was reliabilty, i had the Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 TDi before my Colorado which was an awesome vehicle, i sold mine as i wanted something a bit newer and bit better on fuel, it had done 180,000 miles when i sold it and everthing worked spot on, the only things i had to do other than maintainance were wheel bearings, a new battery and starter motor.

1) The guy with the X5 should swap his beemer for a keyboard that has a full-stop button.

2) People who want to buy stuff from you will often try to convince you that you're asking too much. It's called haggling. :)

3) Sounds like there are a lot of time-wasters on this "swapz" website. The mere name sounds like a congregation point for rood boyz.

This was approx 8 yrs ago but all 3 had to go back, be fixed then a few weeks later go back again and so on, i dont doubt there are probably some that dont have any issues but not in my experiance.

I searched for a good 4x4 just like you are but my biggest priority was reliabilty, i had the Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 TDi before my Colorado which was an awesome vehicle, i sold mine as i wanted something a bit newer and bit better on fuel, it had done 180,000 miles when i sold it and everthing worked spot on, the only things i had to do other than maintainance were wheel bearings, a new battery and starter motor.

I will go test drive some landcruisers sound like a good solid car

Raj, why don't you just sell your car and then buy what you what, rather than being rail-roaded into something you probably don't want?

the car is avertised on here, pistonheads and a few other sites but if it does not sell i will have to look for p/x or swaps. I have writen in the advert that im only interested in a l200/ navara/ x5 but people will always give it a go