The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost got scammed very easily! READ THIS MEMBERS! Be safe out there!!!

adnanshah247

If I were you I'd sign up to creditexpert.co.uk so you can keep tabs on your credit accounts/ratings etc.

If you've given them your date of birth etc they can be used to get credit in your name. A couple of years back I got a letter through the door from Halifax saying 'Welcome to your new online saver account'. I hadn't applied for one, so got in touch with the bank who said I'd have to come in with passport etc etc if I wanted to get the account closed. Then on CrediExpert, I got notification that I'd applied for credit with 3G UK - someone had tried to take out two 18 month mobile phone airtime contracts in my name. Fortunately, they had got my date of birth wrong and 3G UK had asked them for more proof of ID before handing over the phones.

Took me a few days of running around trying to clear up the mess, but now I'm pretty careful about where my details go and I keep a close eye on my credit records. CreditExpert membership is about 6.99 a month, but in my book, it's well worth it.

And finally, join Experian and ensure you regularly check your credit.

Teebs

This is a good idea but someone told me if you are in a process of getting a mortgage its better not to check your credit history too often. Regular credit history checks would be red flagged in a mortgage application it seems. Not sure of how true this is though...

This is a good idea but someone told me if you are in a process of getting a mortgage its better not to check your credit history too often. Regular credit history checks would be red flagged in a mortgage application it seems. Not sure of how true this is though...

Checks done through CreditExpert.co.uk (which is part of experian) have no effect on your credit history.