The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost got scammed very easily! READ THIS MEMBERS! Be safe out there!!!

adnanshah247

well i wont go into huge details but i have been applying for a loan over the last few days and today i get a phone call from a number +01256666666. It was an indian guy who had bits of my details like my name, number, emaill add and my loan amount. going through some information they got my date of birth and my bank details. now here are the things that raised my suspicions:-

1. they asked to confirm my loan amount and then gave me the payment options and said my loan had been approved - (even though they did no secuirty or background checks)

2. they ask for my bank card details so they can charge a £50 deposit to ensure im going ahead with the loan and that it will be refunded to me when they send the loan payment. unsuspectidly i went ahead.

3. they made me speak to 3 people. 1st one being the advisor, 2nd being a supervisor and 3rd being the secuirty personal who simply goes through all the info, suspicion arrose again as they were right next to each other and the phone was simply passed on. I didnt pay much attention and carried on thinking its normal for this procedure.

after taking the details i get a phone call from the indian supervisor who claims his name is Paul. he states that my card is declining the payment and that i should phone my bank and tell them not to block my card and release this payment to them. OK now im pretty sure that ive been taken for a mug.

i do a search online on the number which brings me up this webpage:-

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01256666666

Ok now i know im screwed, i quickly phone my bank and have my card blocked and advise them of this. my bank has put on my records somebody has my details such as address, date of birth and my account/sortcode number. they have a big notification on my account along with lots of loan companies and Experian making sure nobody steals my identity. Beware as many banks dont do this! thankfully my bank knows about con-artists like this and when they tried taking my money my bank gave them a big F*K U!

I finally get the phone call back from 'PAUL' who i abused more than anything saying i have caught their little game, the b@stard swears back and hangs up!

BEWARE PEOPLE! THESE PRICKS ARE EVERYWHERE AND ESPECIALLY NEAR CHRISTMAS IS WERE THESE C*NTS MAKE A KILLING.

thank god my bank is very supportive and has taken care of all the drama's or protecting me from identity theft. brand new bank card on its way to me and Experian has automatically been advised which i have just checked. not happy at the moment, but hey i could have been £50 short! :(

THEY SOUND EXACTLY SAME AS THE LEGIT COMPANIES HERE SO THATS WHY I FELL FOR IT.

I've got a PDF file listing all the bank and phone scams going about. I'll send it to you if you can pay a small admin fee of £25. If you pm your bank details I can do the payment for you to make it even easier for you.

your not from india are you mate? lol

im not interested in any more loans or offers. the only loan i will take will be from my bank and thats that! i dont trust any company now, there all the bloody same!

i really think i should do! robert i'm new to all this stuff so you have to learn somewhere and its really good knowing your guna get raped at every attempt! i would have got scammed if it wasnt for my bank.

Everything you do is dramatic lol you should have your own tv show. If you applied for a loan surely you would know what company you have applied to and they would confirm that when you spoke to them.

I've got a PDF file listing all the bank and phone scams going about. I'll send it to you if you can pay a small admin fee of £25. If you pm your bank details I can do the payment for you to make it even easier for you.

Would my Paypal details be enough? ;)

So the loan company passed on your details to scammers? Who did you apply for the loan through? I'll make sure never to use them.

Exactly what I was thinking. An unsecure comparison site, perhaps?

This is an old scam tbh, its been out for years.

No loan company will take money prior to getting you a loan.

Old girlfriend of mine did it and they charged her 50 quid - and said that she was unable to get a loan due to her circumstances, and she was all distraught about being refused.

She felt really bad about it - so I donated 50quid to Yesloans also, saying i would like a loan for £3000. They also said i couldnt get a loan but kept my £50.

Apparently, I couldnt get credit due to my circumstances - Which is complete lunacy.

As mentioned, its a con :D

I had something similar a few year back but the Company claimed they were ringing from Sky Digital Insurance and that they could offer me a discount on my insurance. Said ok but after the general spill they asked for my debit card details! At which point I said you already have this as I am paying you via direct debit. They put the phone down. During that particular year they rang me on several occassions and I was always prepared. Even told one of them I had won the lottery and did not know what to do with my money. As you an imagine he was escatic. He asked for my debit card details and I told him to hold on as I had to go get them. I left the phone on the side and after 30 mins cut him off. To my surprise the guy rang me back!!! At that point I told him where he could stick his insurance. After a few months I got the calls again and told them in a bit more graphic detail where again they could stick their insurance. Then the final call i told them if they rang again I would get the police onto them!

I had something similar a few year back but the Company claimed they were ringing from Sky Digital Insurance and that they could offer me a discount on my insurance. Said ok but after the general spill they asked for my debit card details! At which point I said you already have this as I am paying you via direct debit. They put the phone down. During that particular year they rang me on several occassions and I was always prepared. Even told one of them I had won the lottery and did not know what to do with my money. As you an imagine he was escatic. He asked for my debit card details and I told him to hold on as I had to go get them. I left the phone on the side and after 30 mins cut him off. To my surprise the guy rang me back!!! At that point I told him where he could stick his insurance. After a few months I got the calls again and told them in a bit more graphic detail where again they could stick their insurance. Then the final call i told them if they rang again I would get the police onto them!
Quality :rlol:

Adnan, you had a lucky escape dude! Being your birthday recently I thought you would be getting wiser when getting older! :D

LOL!

Eek - glad you managed to sort it out before they got any money. I'd be very suspect of people asking for money claiming to be a loans company - what would you be paying for at the outset?

Hmm, I got a call about phone insurance too from an Indian sounding gentleman not long ago. It was near my renewal date as well and he had a lot of my basic details. At that point I am kinna skint so told him I am not interested. Scary...

*Mental note : Do not give card details out on the phone ever!

*Mental note : Do not give card details out on the phone ever!

I don't give anything out on the phone!! Had a call last night from Scottish Power (I'm 99% certain is was actually them) and they asked for my post code, I just gave him the first half, he said "and the second part is...?". I told him he didn't need the rest to get rate information on my area. He just carried on with the call - official companies shouldn't be bothered about you witholding personal information.

Yes Loans are a classic example also. £50 up front and then do nothing but decline you

Never give your details out. Be careful when people ring up and ask for your details to "confirm your identity". I always worry these days

And finally, join Experian and ensure you regularly check your credit. Someone could be acting as you and getting credit without you knowing. £7.99 a month.

Teebs