The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crankcase Breather Setups for 800hp +

mrgee2jz

Hi everybody, im currently running around 750hp at the crank @1.5bar boost, and going up to around 2bar boost to run the 850hp potential of my turbo. At the moment im running 2 x -10 AN lines from the valve covers to a catch tank and back the inlet of the turbo, but i still get oil into the turbo. maybe from the velocity of the air it hasnt all dropped into the tank? I was also told that venting it into the exhaust with a 1 way valve is good for creating vacuum, but then i have read that at over 4.5 to 5k it wont create vacuum if your exhaust is ever so slightly restrictive, therefore its going to create pressure unless you vent to atmosphere, but then all your really doing is just draining the excess oil into the exhaust and venting to atmosphere, so creating no vacuum at all:blink:

another thing ive heard is to use vacuum pumps set to around 10psi vacuum at a certain boost and you apparently gain around 40hp???

What are you 800hp+ guys running? and how well do they work?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been right round the block on this. I'm just going to run my 2 -10an's open. I don't care about emmissions. Currently I have it plumbed straight into intake (ala stock system). I will check the intake pipe this weekend, if there is the slightest whif of residue it's going back to 2 filters directly on the covers

My intake side is as stock, exhaust side just vents to atmo via a catch can, never had a problem with it, you should not be getting any oil, sounds like you have a problem somewhere.

Its not a massive amount, just a thin residue on the intake pipe, but i want NO oil at all. The catch tank doesnt actually catch! maybe ill mount it properly and see if it makes a difference.

Paul Whiffins was, and the Envy Supra is still owned by a forum member.

Envy car is about 700bhp now iirc, he sold his drag stuff and put a pump gas map on it.

Yeah i think Paul is back up there now, he made 748rhhp at tdi a few weeks back

1. JamieP

2. LeeP

3. Paul Wiffin

On the note of Darrets car, (sorry Darret) him claiming to be the fastest standing mile Supra in Europe is just wrong imo, his car was built and raced in USA, im sure it could do well in the UK but he will have to change his setup with our noise restrictions and race it in Europe to claim the title, maybe even drive it himself.:) and fastest RHD supra in the world? i wonder if mine is the fastest with a pair of fluffy dice?:D

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Don't see why Envy car isn't on there if it's just been detuned for the sale. Also Darrett is a member, a UK member, just because he had his car shipped to the US for the Texas mile don't mean he shouldn't be on, it's by far the fastest UK car?

Edit I see your point about Darrett, I thought it was built here to our regs with a UK MOT and shipped there for the mile, him not driving it is a bit of a piss take like, it just like who has the deepest pockets :/

Stand by the envy car like

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

On the note of Darrets car, (sorry Darret) him claiming to be the fastest standing mile Supra in Europe is just wrong imo, his car was built and raced in USA, im sure it could do well in the UK but he will have to change his setup with our noise restrictions and race it in Europe to claim the title, maybe even drive it himself.:) and fastest LHD supra in the world? i wonder if mine is the fastest with a pair of fluffy dice?:D

Don't you mean RHD? :D Totally agree though. Terminators setup can't be far off 800...

Don't see why Envy car isn't on there if it's just been detuned for the sale. Also Darrett is a member, a UK member, just because he had his car shipped to the US for the Texas mile don't mean he shouldn't be on, it's by far the fastest UK car?

Edit I see your point about Darrett, I thought it was built here to our regs with a UK MOT and shipped there for the mile, him not driving it is a bit of a piss take like, it just like who has the deepest pockets :/

Stand by the envy car like

Yeah true, Kev does still come on to sell the odd part, Envy car only needs the old race fuel map uploading to get on the list.

The breathers need to be open, if you run it from the catch tank to the air intake the oil mist will turn back into oil and get into the system.

Run it fully open, if you like to clutter the bay or risk a fire you can run a catch tank. The best way is to run the pipes from the cam covers to the back of the car or route it into the exhaust. :)

if you like to clutter the bay or risk a fire you can run a catch tank. The best way is to run the pipes from the cam covers to the back of the car

That's actually how I will do it, I never ran my turbo side straight to a filter, it was on the end of a long pipe, I'll do the same back to the bulkhead then down to the bottom of the car to a filter

That's actually how I will do it, I never ran my turbo side straight to a filter, it was on the end of a long pipe, I'll do the same back to the bulkhead then down to the bottom of the car to a filter

Take it right to the back of the car as Lee says, if the engine pops you dont want to be spraying oil on the tyres.

Thats how mine was set up when I got it, I just plumbed it into the intake pipe near the compressor.

Jay youre breather thread was very informative, stick a link in here :)