The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WoHoo Just won a copy of GT5

DodgyRog

Can't believe it, just won a copy of GT5

Gamestation and the Panasonic shop did a competition for a copy of GT5,

2 laps, no practice just 2 laps fastest one counts and only 1 entry and I beat the best time by 3 tenths

Only down side is I can't have it until Wednesday:tongue:

Still I am really chuffed as work is still slow so money is really short, sods law says I will get work on Wednesday now:rolleyes:

Was playing it in 3D, it was a full copy and had a quick go on a rally stage as well as the timed lap track.

The graphics were very good and the response of the car was slightly arcade ish, but a very good balance, think it was a Merc of some sort, definitely rear wheel drive.

Apparently it takes about 90 minutes to load it to hard drive if you want to play it that way and there will be an update immediately to be able to play it online. So after all this time they still didn't get it right out of the box

Was playing it in 3D, it was a full copy and had a quick go on a rally stage as well as the timed lap track.

The graphics were very good and the response of the car was slightly arcade ish, but a very good balance, think it was a Merc of some sort, definitely rear wheel drive.

Apparently it takes about 90 minutes to load it to hard drive if you want to play it that way and there will be an update immediately to be able to play it online. So after all this time they still didn't get it right out of the box

What is it like in 3D mate? Never played a 3D game yet.

What is it like in 3D mate? Never played a 3D game yet.

To be totally honest, it's not that noticeable, I was concentrating on the racing line and not locking the brakes up.

It's is definitely there, but not as big a difference as I expected. Might not help being in a shop environment I guess

I will hold my judgement until I have one in my own home I think:eyebrows:

Cool, nice one :thumbs:

Hope it's good. I honestly don't think it will live up to the hype. We'll see.

I can say it wont live upto the hype, the graphics are some of the best I have seen, but other than that it's Gran Turismo, which to be honest is fine with me, as I have played them all to completetion in the past

Reason being for it not coming with some features out of the box is to prevent it working on jailbroken consoles (basically downloading the game off the internet and playing it for free). Got a link somewhere, will try and find it.

Cant wait for my copy early next week :D

Reason being for it not coming with some features out of the box is to prevent it working on jailbroken consoles (basically downloading the game off the internet and playing it for free). Got a link somewhere, will try and find it.

Cant wait for my copy early next week :D

That makes sense

Arcade'ish, oh dear.........maybe Im expecting all too much from the 3 years of hype, which is what could shoot Sony in the foot.....

Still, someone had better buy it for me for Christmas otherwise there will be tantrums :D

I dont know what assists were set, so dont take my coments to heart.

I was impressed enough with it, just dont expect a massive leap forward, it's a driving game, a very good one though.

Put it this way, I would of payed for it, had I not won one FREE

That makes sense

I dont know what assists were set, so dont take my coments to heart.

I was impressed enough with it, just dont expect a massive leap forward, it's a driving game, a very good one though.

Put it this way, I would of payed for it, had I not won one FREE

Have you played Forza 3? I know you only played 2 laps of GT5 but did it feel as good or better as that?

I'm not going to bother getting it anyway, just wondering how it compares :)

Have you played Forza 3? I know you only played 2 laps of GT5 but did it feel as good or better as that?

I'm not going to bother getting it anyway, just wondering how it compares :)

In comparison to Forza3, I would say I prefer the immediate feeling GT5, as said I think some of the assists were still there, so it's difficult to say, as I play Forza with no assists, as I will GT5

I did notice the crash detection didn't seem right, I had it on the view where you just have the clocks on the screen, like a bumper cam and I noticed I clipped a car when I thought I wouldn't and I used a car to aid my braking slightly and I made contact before the back of the carhit the screen, if you understand what I mean.

It's a minor thing and something I am sure you wouldn't notice after playing for a while.

I am sure the guy running it said a couple of people had managed to roll it, so that's a step forward for a GT game, although I sure I heard there was going to be crash damage, bit can only assume it was turned off, as I didn't see any