The mkiv Supra Owners Club

People slagging off na's

gazzi123

I work with a guy (also a mate) who recently bought a mk3 golf GTI 8 valve

He said "my car isn't as quick as it should be, what do you reckon might be up with it"

I say "it's a Golf"

He says "it's a 2ltr GTI!"

I say "it's an 8 valve Golf"

He gets miffed and says "it's a 2ltr GTI golf, it should shift"

I say "it's a 2ltr, 8 valve, MK3 Golf"

He says "F**k you then you prick, I only asked, not all of us can have a car like yours"

Moral of the story the truth hurts, and N/A's are not quick - we're still friends, and no Golf owners were harmed during the time of this anicdote

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with a guy (also a mate) who recently bought a mk3 golf GTI 8 valve

He said "my car isn't as quick as it should be, what do you reckon might be up with it"

I say "it's a Golf"

He says "it's a 2ltr GTI!"

I say "it's an 8 valve Golf"

He gets miffed and says "it's a 2ltr GTI golf, it should shift"

I say "it's a 2ltr, 8 valve, MK3 Golf"

He says "F**k you then you prick, I only asked, not all of us can have a car like yours"

Moral of the story the truth hurts, and N/A's are not quick - we're still friends, and no Golf owners were harmed during the time of this anicdote

Hahaha what a faggot; are you telling me that he didn't even get a 16 valver? :D

wow......gazzi, you take this all to seriously!! this is a well laid back, have a laugh forum, but if you need help, you will normally get it.

as said before, most big power car owners started with na's, so know about your na prob's etc. and are normally the first to help, as they have the knollege.

and think your self lucky you got an na supra....my 17 year old has a skyline r32 1600cc na!!!!!!

Dude chill the f*ck out!! You don't go on any forum as a noob and expect to get sensible answers straight away regardless of car type!!

If your box is displaying issues you've 2 options. Get it taken out and refurbed (I'd guess its gonna be close to £600-800 to do that) or call Keron and I bet he's got one for £200 and delivery or someone on here has. Play a heart felt plea on here and maybe someone will help you fit it.

We are nice guys here. I've been around for years now and yes I'm a prick with an attitude but I know where the heart generally lies and here it will help those that are humble. Creep a bit it will help LOL.

i am chilled mate and i know there are nice guys on here, but alot just take the p**s and kinda had enough of all the digs people give day after day about people who cant afford what they have. Thats all

cheers for advice ill try Keron and see what he says. :)

Nice aristo by the way looks well nice

when i had a astra every time i posted i got a reply you would expect...saying near enough a straight answer or people dicussing to come up with an answer.....i guess the more powerful car you get the more there are no it all's.....as everyone expects you to know everything i guess....so i obviously joined the wrong forum

I have an Astra.

I also have a TT BPU

So in a sense I know more than myself, as my car is more powerful than my other one.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the club by the way and for more details, do feel free to read my signature :)

wow......gazzi, you take this all to seriously!! this is a well laid back, have a laugh forum, but if you need help, you will normally get it.

as said before, most big power car owners started with na's, so know about your na prob's etc. and are normally the first to help, as they have the knollege.

and think your self lucky you got an na supra....my 17 year old has a skyline r32 1600cc na!!!!!!

17??? Now all is very clear!! Pick your teddies back up and grow a set Gaz we are not your mommy!!!

yea thats why i joined to ask for help and not have all my hard work be put down by someone who has more money and deeper pockets thats all.

its a laugh for few times, but as it goes on and on its just like me saying 'why do i even bother to post when everyone just takes the p**s out of hard work ive put in to buy and up keep my supra. even though its not a TT it would take me about 5/6years to buy a decent TT , so to me my NA is an exspensive car and to others its just a cheap crappy run around.

but i do appreciate people are on this forum for different things and my main one is help with understand + getting under the bonnett and taking pride in what you have done.

but i do understand what your saying, i guess i look into things too much lol

It's not really an insult saying an NA is slow. NAs ARE SLOW! you must have realised this when you bought it. They make for a good cruiser, but they aren't really sporty (this is coming from an NA owner) The running costs aren't even that much better than a TT.

However, if you want something that looks special, for little initial outlay they are hard to beat. I'd say they make for a good track hack too, but there's far more capable cars for the money, which will certainly be easier on tyres, brakes and fuel than a Supra.