People slagging off na's

gazzi123

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It all boils down to the fact TT owners are jealous of n/a owners, we demand the same presents around town and get the same attention a TT would... and they don't like it :p

All the power schpeel is just aimless cock waving, they feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel better for wasting £1000's on power they can't use!!!

that's what i tell myself anyway. until i go TT next year!!

just keep the bonnet shut and away from rolling roads you'll be fine!! oh and TT's at the lights!

It all boils down to the fact TT are jealous of n/a owners, we demand the same presents around town and get the same attention a TT would... and they don't like it :p

All the power schpeel is just aimless cock waving, they feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel better for wasting £1000's on power they can't use!!!

that's what i tell myself anyway. until i go TT next year!!

just keep the bonnet shut and away from rolling roads you'll be fine!! oh TT's at the lights!

When I had my N/A I just made sure never to boot it, that way it might just be a TT, put your foot down and it removes all doubt;)

Like i say what i could afford i bought it and also want to work on supra as a project - this is what i mean about slagging things off ..... not all been about gearboxes etc mate... on here for advice etc so lay off

OK now I can see why you feel that everyone is slagging you off!! FACT the NA's gearbox is virtually bullet proof in an NA I'd be especially surprised to see one go in a 97 plate which is why TT auto owners are interested in sticking them in their cars. You'll find that jumped up attitudes gets sh*t thrown at you. Ask a nice question you'll get a nice answer. Look for digs in any post and you'll find it.

Lets start from fresh. I'm sorry for poking your open wound. Try being a bit less sensitive and you'll find a wealth of expertise that you can use to achieve your aims.

to some people they find it a stupid question and to others its not....if you find it a stupid question dont comment....if you can help leave one.

My gearbox has main shaft ware and i asked for advice (if its going , its going ...theres nothing else i could do to stop that)

so to me its not a stupid question

OK so now I can completely see why you are finding us abrasive! If you don't like the response to a question because its the truth then if you have a crocked gearbox and someone tells you its crocked then thats the answer. We could make a fluffy little suit and tell you "there there young man it'll be fine" when we know it isn't. maybe you'd prefer that approach? If the box is f*cked then its f*cked. Now start counting your NA lucky stars. The W58 has to be about the cheapest second hand toyota box going. Stick up a wanted ad and you'll have one for alot less than a refurb will cost you. As for the steering rack that will be a tough sh*t piece of kit that wants replacing if its knackered and can happen on any car. FWIW my aristo's rear steering rack is shot to sh*t and costs £2k just for the parts!! Get over the fact that your car is costing you money and remove your negative emotion from your posts requesting help and you will actually get some help here.

Oh and just to state my lineage I went from

an aerotop NA I chose over a hardtop TT

to a TT BPU+ aerotop TT when I got bored of the NA

to several different TT aristo's to help with the sprogs

to a single turbo monster aristo to help with my power lust

back to a TT aristo as the single spent more time off the road than on it

In the mean time I went through another auto NA and manual NA supra that I can honestly say bored the crap out of me.

If you really want to feel like an outcast on this forum try buying an aristo (which incidentally had the 2JZ-GTE engine in it a year before the supra did, and the VVTi lump again a year before) and ask an engine tech question!!

OK so now I can completely see why you are finding us abrasive! If you don't like the response to a question because its the truth then if you have a crocked gearbox and someone tells you its crocked then thats the answer. We could make a fluffy little suit and tell you "there there young man it'll be fine" when we know it isn't. maybe you'd prefer that approach? If the box is f*cked then its f*cked. Now start counting your NA lucky stars. The W58 has to be about the cheapest second hand toyota box going. Stick up a wanted ad and you'll have one for alot less than a refurb will cost you. As for the steering rack that will be a tough sh*t piece of kit that wants replacing if its knackered and can happen on any car. FWIW my aristo's rear steering rack is shot to sh*t and costs £2k just for the parts!! Get over the fact that your car is costing you money and remove your negative emotion from your posts requesting help and you will actually get some help here.

No negativa emotion here...i ask questions because i have not got the knowledge to know 'is there anything can be done to cure it' a straight answer saying 'theres no way apart from recon or new gearbox'

i know i dont have as much knowledge as alot of people on here or for cars.....thats why i joined the forum and to be honest its actualy put me off the idea of joining a forum again if its like this one.

when i had a astra every time i posted i got a reply you would expect...saying near enough a straight answer or people dicussing to come up with an answer.....i guess the more powerful car you get the more there are no it all's.....as everyone expects you to know everything i guess....so i obviously joined the wrong forum

...so moral of it all...if you really want to take the p**s out of someones car or put them down heres an idea:

Pick up a pen and paper write it down and laugh at it .....hopefully that'll make you feel better about yourself and someone who is not as well off as you :)

happy days

No negativa emotion here...i ask questions because i have not got the knowledge to know 'is there anything can be done to cure it' a straight answer saying 'theres no way apart from recon or new gearbox'

i know i dont have as much knowledge as alot of people on here or for cars.....thats why i joined the forum and to be honest its actualy put me off the idea of joining a forum again if its like this one.

when i had a astra every time i posted i got a reply you would expect...saying near enough a straight answer or people dicussing to come up with an answer.....i guess the more powerful car you get the more there are no it all's.....as everyone expects you to know everything i guess....so i obviously joined the wrong forum

Dude chill the f*ck out!! You don't go on any forum as a noob and expect to get sensible answers straight away regardless of car type!!

If your box is displaying issues you've 2 options. Get it taken out and refurbed (I'd guess its gonna be close to £600-800 to do that) or call Keron and I bet he's got one for £200 and delivery or someone on here has. Play a heart felt plea on here and maybe someone will help you fit it.

We are nice guys here. I've been around for years now and yes I'm a prick with an attitude but I know where the heart generally lies and here it will help those that are humble. Creep a bit it will help LOL.