People slagging off na's

gazzi123

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, most on here like a bit of banter, now im not one for taking the piss out of NA's (i have had a couple myself, been handy for when a skin needs pulling of my rice pudding;) ) but after seeing how wound up you get over it im not sure i will be able to help myself in future from having a little wind up with you, i think starting this thread has opened you up to a constant stream of piss taking:D

Go ahead...see how much time you got on your hands

A 97 plate requiring a replacement box and steering rack?? N/A or TT aside sounds like you bought a great motor!!! If your tech questions have been about gearboxes and steering racks I would be highly surprised if you were proper slagged off about the parts being for an NA not a TT. After all alot of auto TT owners actually ask if the NAs manual box is any good for a TT

Like i say what i could afford i bought it and also want to work on supra as a project - this is what i mean about slagging things off ..... not all been about gearboxes etc mate... on here for advice etc so lay off

Time to back the na up:D

Non turbo supras have enough power for everyday driving in the uk, they are 3 ltrs and can reach the 70mph speed limit with ease, i dont see the point in having a tt or single...why, theyre only useful for trackdays and drag strips...you have to spend more money on fuel, servicing/parts. Na's are cheaper to run, bullet proof if looked after properly, they are stronger than a tt engine, FACT!, service parts are cheap and its easy to work with...turbos? pah:D

Toyota obviously realised that the supra couldnt just be released as a turbo car, becuase normal people who spend their money elsewhere (life) would want one to.

Any good?:D and btw, not all na owners bought a na becuase they couldnt afford a turbo supra. I got a na becuase i didnt want a really fast car, and the na was the slowest available.

Ok last thread i done in mkiv techniqual about loss in power of NA ...2 people on there just made cheap commens...but whilst homer helped me out it seemed the posts of me replying to them and the others posted had gone....and to me as homer a MOD he has taken them off

I didn't remove them, one of the other mods did.

Non turbo supras have enough power for everyday driving in the uk, they are 3 ltrs and can reach the 70mph speed limit with ease, i dont see the point in having a tt or single...why, theyre only useful for trackdays and drag strips...you have to spend more money on fuel, servicing/parts. Na's are cheaper to run, bullet proof if looked after properly, they are stronger than a tt engine, FACT!, service parts are cheap and its easy to work with...turbos? pah:D

Toyota obviously realised that the supra couldnt just be released as a turbo car, becuase normal people who spend their money elsewhere (life) would want one to.

Any good?:D and btw, not all na owners bought a na becuase they couldnt afford a turbo supra. I got a na becuase i didnt want a really fast car, and the na was the slowest available.

But they have the same fuel consumption if you drive off boost.. which would be pointless, but you can get the same mpg if you try :)

Non turbo supras have enough power for everyday driving in the uk, they are 3 ltrs and can reach the 70mph speed limit with ease, i dont see the point in having a tt or single...why, theyre only useful for trackdays and drag strips...you have to spend more money on fuel, servicing/parts. Na's a bullet proof if looked after properly, they are stronger than a tt engine, FACT!, service parts are cheap and its easy to work with...turbos? pah:D

In fairness I think my 1.3 Peugeot 309 GE was a little slower than an N/A. If you wanted the SLOWEST car, you should have really bought one of those.

time to back the na up:d

non turbo supras have enough power for everyday driving in the uk, they are 3 ltrs and can reach the 70mph speed limit with ease, i dont see the point in having a tt or single...why, theyre only useful for trackdays and drag strips...you have to spend more money on fuel, servicing/parts. Na's are cheaper to run, bullet proof if looked after properly, they are stronger than a tt engine, fact!, service parts are cheap and its easy to work with...turbos? Pah:d

toyota obviously realised that the supra couldnt just be released as a turbo car, becuase normal people who spend their money elsewhere (life) would want one to.

are you for real???

But if TDR says hes right i best agree. red name and all that.

Uhhhuuhhhhh... so you want to go down that road - say hi to your pal Matt for me ;) At least I know who the fanboi's are.

For reference, I can see where you're coming from on the cost of repair front with NA's though past experience does tell me the hassle and time makes it not worth it to think in those terms and do things properly.

I think people are far too harsh on the NA. Think about this for a moment.

All around the country there are blokes in Beemers, Audis, hot hatches, whatever who think they are the mutts nuts because they once raced a Supra and beat it.

In all cases (without exception. Fact) they raced an NA. Then comes the day when they think they can beat another Supra and it turns out to be a TT, a BPU or a single and they get their ass handed to them. On a plate. With a side salad. And Fries. And a dip.

So the NA then is erm.... cannon fodder. Or something.

he did a hammerite re-spray so yes........ evinx is for real :D

Seriously, this hammerite is lauging at the frost, a few cars in the area will have spots of rust here and there next year, but the supra wont! :D wish i didnt tell everyone about the hammerite, if i didnt mention it and told everyone i used normal 2pk paint nobody would know any better.:D

hammerite painted na with a veilside kit...good god ive now realised what ive done!!:rlol:

You were going so well, up to the end...