The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter Daily :) Hilux Surf

monsween

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to get the Delica lifted on huge wheels! Apparently mine's been lifted in the past from experts looking underneath, it's got adjustable bars and extended whatsits etc.? We looked at getting a Surf but the Deli came up and we fell in love - it's awesome driving big beasties like that! :D

Nice buy - what are these like on fuel and just how slow are they?

I quite like the current model Hyundai Santa Fe - was thinking one of them for the mrs. next car in a couple of years time because I'd get to use it as a tow car for a toy too :D

Cheers,

Brian.

I've only driven it 10miles so far, parked up on the folks drive till next week.

However i did give it a bit of a thrash for that 10miles lol. It's got a little bit of poke about it but thats not what i'm wanting out of it.

It'll tow a trailer and car at 60/70 and that's all i need :D

Boy i bought it off reckoned 25-30mpg

If driven sensibly they are pretty good, if you try and drive it on the motorway and cruise at silly speeds it will drink fuel, I have done London to Norfolk and back a few times plus towed down to Brands Hatch and it was fine, just make sure you got the right pressure in the tires :D

What tyres you running, im wanting chunking ones so having a look around now

What ever was on it when we purchased it, great big chunky things, was great in the snow up in Norfolk, all the cars were stranded and we just drove about like nothing had happened, its also quite funny to watch the great big thing power slide on ice too :D

Dont they drive horridly on the road with big wheels and lift kits ? also looks a bit silly in this country ;)

Great in Iceland but not down the local high st:d

I was in Cyprus recently and there were loads modded like this - all the older generation Jap off roaders etc.

Must be the 'in' look - Cyprus isn't exactly cold or known for bad winters!

Nice buy - what are these like on fuel and just how slow are they?

Get a Deli, 20mpg on a good day!!!! Actually not that bad on performance though, I scared a 2.0 Vectra who wanted to get past me from the lights "cos it's a big slow bus init", needless to say I got the jump and ended up in front of him. :D

Dont they drive horridly on the road with big wheels and lift kits ? also looks a bit silly in this country ;)

Great in Iceland but not down the local high st:d

I think they look awesome, it's also nice to know you've got some beef in your vehicle for when the zombie apocalypse comes, the tins of beans we could fit in ours would be immense, and bull bars with HID spots are a must.

If its going to be a daily driver then trust me on this do not mess with huge tyres and lift kits. It will be dreadful to drive any distance on a daily basis. I have an offroader disco and it is awesome OFFROAD. Its a c*nt on the road though. You think a supra on big rims and low profiles tramlines and bounce you around a road try doing 50 mph in a lifted huge tyre offroader. Save your money and just get some BF goodriidge all terrain tryes. They will take all but the most aggressive offroading in their stride and on road are fantastic tyres. Towing is also a right tw*t with a lifted car as more often than not you need to get a plate to drop the towing ball down to a useable height and the ride is even worse when towing.

If its going to be a daily driver then trust me on this do not mess with huge tyres and lift kits. It will be dreadful to drive any distance on a daily basis. I have an offroader disco and it is awesome OFFROAD. Its a c*nt on the road though. You think a supra on big rims and low profiles tramlines and bounce you around a road try doing 50 mph in a lifted huge tyre offroader. Save your money and just get some BF goodriidge all terrain tryes. They will take all but the most aggressive offroading in their stride and on road are fantastic tyres. Towing is also a right tw*t with a lifted car as more often than not you need to get a plate to drop the towing ball down to a useable height and the ride is even worse when towing.

My thoughts exactly, also agree 100% on the all terrains, one of the best combination 4x4 tyres on the market, when my Dunlops have worn down on my Landcruiser thats whats going on.

Had the mud terrains on my Range Rover in my avatar and they were fantastic off rd and not bad on it.