The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slow to start + blue smoke :(

ADD

I was worried for a moment as I remember mapping your car, but I just checked your spec at the time and it was on hybrids (possibly my old ones?!) and 550cc injectors. I assume you now have bigger injectors because you're running a single turbo and some serious power? I also assume that you got someone to remapp the EMU for your new spec? With 550cc injectors, you don't need any cold start adjustment. With bigger than that, you do - there is a table in the EMU that lets you change fuelling depending on water temperature and I'd hazard that populating about 9 cells in that would alleviate your symptoms. Unless that's already been done by whoever mapped it of course :)

If you can send me the map I'll have a look and make the changes based on what injectors you have, if you want. Gotta be worth a try before shelling out £1500 on a new ECU and then some more on mapping. Not that I'm feeling much EMU love in this thread, so maybe not hey :p

Im a Syvecs guy now Ive experienced them!!! Ryan could I use one in my Smart with a bike engine???

Which Bike engine is it John?

Most of the bike engines have been running with a Life/Syvecs already as half of the bikes in the TT Isle of man run them.

Either way anything can be made to run with a new firmware ;)

Ryan

Which Bike engine is it John?

Most of the bike engines have been running with a Life/Syvecs already as half of the bikes in the TT Isle of man run them.

Either way anything can be made to run with a new firmware ;)

Ryan

Suzuki GSXR 1000 K1/2

• 4 weeks later...

* UPDATE*

Managed to get hold of an AEM PRO standalone for the car the other week, Ryan did his magic mid week and now the car is starting and running perfect. NO smoke on start up, no hesitation when on half throttle on boost....BRILLIANT.

Once again a huge thanks to Ryan for fitting me in and doing such A1 work..... much appreciated

Ad

Excellent glad it's fixed those problems for you. How's the autobox control with the AEM? Did it make anymore power?

Paul, running same power but it's an absolutely different car to drive on half throttle/boost! I can now overtake cars on boost with the smallest throttle but have such great power! Just need a twin box now Paul ;)