The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bearded dragon advice.

nevins

Have always been fascinated by these, and looking to get one. Has anyone had any experience with them and could offer me some advice on keeping them. I will be looking at getting a male, but if they get lonely I will get a pair male and female.

I have read that they grow up to 24" long and can live up to 15 years. Would it be best to get a larger vivarium than starting with a small one.

thanks for any help Gareth

hope this helps make your own vivarium its way cheaper ..plus you can make a 6ft for next to nothing with what you save you can buy beter heating for the little fella . i would go for if you can get a breeding pair ..the point is if you can get two of a good age you can see if they are healthy eg: tail a good thickness no mising claws .how tame they are ... ow back to the heating i have never liked the heat mats go for a ceramic bulb much better and its up in the air so they cannot burn them selfs by getting to close .if you buy a good thermaste you can run both heat mat and bulb ..dont wish to make it sound complicated but if you do make your own viv use silca sand as a medium its very easy to keep the viv clean (if you get my drift ) when he has a shit .. i used to use wax worms as a good food becouse of the vitamins allso locust and pinkys .dust the food in a vitamin supliment that will help becouse you have no idea were the food has come from allso then you no your lizard is getting a good calcium supply .breeding your own food :eg locust.. pinkys is very simple ...hope some of this makes some sence becouse i have had a bottle of wine ...good luck m8 ...i have kept gekos (leapard gekos)green iguana ,bosk monators

it wont get lonely as bearded dragons live on their own.even a ,ale and female will fight and you may find the male will be at her all the time running her down.Bearded dragons have a healthy appatite and are not cheap to keep.if you get one young enough then handle it regulary and you will be surprised how relaxed they can be ,they love going in the bath now and again.Another thing is to resis feeding them by hand as they have some nasty teeth and can give a bad bite by accident .They wont realise if your finger aint food when they get bigger.We rescently got rid of our beardies had to cut back expensis somewhere,started with a pair in a 5 ft home made viv.But ended up having to split them up and had 2 vivs.