The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car Trailer Closed in 17x7x7 or bigger

StuartW

Currently i have for the Supra Drag car a 16x6ft 6" Beaver tail twin axle trailer 2500KG and want something more practical for the 600 mile round trips every weekend.

Let me know what you have??

Also the Beavertail will be for sale when i find a closed trailer.

Cheers :search:

Not fancy a race truck that you can sleep in mate?

http://www.motorsportads.com/transporters-lorries/20334.html

That's interesting Jamie, I have looked at many options, The Thing is My Iveco 40/10 with bigger turbo,Changes Gearing and fuelling Bus does 83mph towing and sleeps 2 double's and has all mod cons, Firdge,shower etc. Legally i could tow up to a 26ft trailer. The thing is with Trucks is they are slower and more thirsty...Keep thinking. 56mph would kill me every time! I know you can pull the limiter fuse on older models but still a 5+L engine on any truck compared to the 2.8 Iveco's lump?

If you ever get stopped for doing 83mph while pulling a loaded car transporter can you please PLEASE place your phone on the dash and set it to video the conversation between you and the arresting officer.

:D

I wont tell you what we did as an average whilst towing with the Audi Allroad :innocent: My House to Portsmouth to Surrey in just under 3.5 hours ;)

If you ever get stopped for doing 83mph while pulling a loaded car transporter can you please PLEASE place your phone on the dash and set it to video the conversation between you and the arresting officer.

:D

Mine tows at 70 quite nicely with the cruise on, she is a bit longer than an Artic though.

P1000362.JPG

Stu likes his creature comforts allthough we have adopted him and we now have our video evenings in the RV!!!!! Wow Justin Lee Collins in my RV. A decent closed trailer is going to be around the 5K mark, there are a couple on Ebay at the moment.

Mine tows at 70 quite nicely with the cruise on, she is a bit longer than an Artic though.

I have a trailer that looks very similar to your set-up dude and I'd never push it beyond 55mph on the motorway.

There again I'm pulling it with an asthmatic 2.25l non turbo Transit so the effect the trailer has on the van can be quite noticeable, not like the warm feeling of security you must get from driving Kensington on wheels! :cool:

I have a trailer that looks very similar to your set-up dude and I'd never push it beyond 55mph on the motorway.

There again I'm pulling it with an asthmatic 2.25l non turbo Transit so the effect the trailer has on the van can be quite noticeable, not like the warm feeling of security you must get from driving Kensington on wheels! :cool:

The new one is bigger dude;) 4ft longer and a slide out:eyebrows:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.