The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twins turbo Viper

Gaz6002

That thing is uglier than a hatful of arseholes.

Really? I think it looks pretty mean in the photos. Might change my mind if I saw it in the flesh.

One question that sprung to my mind. It must only have about 10 degrees of max steer angle with how close the air filter inlet pipes are to the tyres. Must have much the same turning cicle as Jupiter.

Really? I think it looks pretty mean in the photos. Might change my mind if I saw it in the flesh.

One question that sprung to my mind. It must only have about 10 degrees of max steer angle with how close the air filter inlet pipes are to the tyres. Must have much the same turning cicle as Jupiter.

I won't deny that it looks purposeful, especially without the bonnet on. But the entire aesthetics look like an afterthought. And let's not talk about the flame paintwork.

Nevertheless, I will say that everyone is entitled to their opinion and taste... no matter how wrong it is :p

Do people actually drive them or just build them for shows?

I don't understand the point of so much power if it prevents you from being able to drive the car. It's like the huge turbo'd supras what need drag tyres.... hardly useful for popping to morrisons.

ask Jamie......

I personally love vipers and would love to own one, one day!

Of course these cars can be driven. Unless I am the only person able to control the throttle to gain the revs I wish to produce. Popping to morrisons in a Supra with silly HP would be exactly the same as driving an N/A, or a 1.0 corsa for that matter, should you wish it to be. The ONLY time you will run into trouble is when you go for seriously high HP with seriously large injectors as they become a lot more difficult to control. 10% duty on a 2000cc injector is quite high afterall :D

Good injectors, good management and a good map can usually overcome that though.

You're sounding like my Mum Marbleapple. She didn't want to drive my Dad's Civic because it was too powerful. How a car can have too much power when the power is variable is beyond me.

You're sounding like my Mum Marbleapple.

On occassions people have said I look like her too. Its the beard and funny limp :p

On a serious note, I see your point. It's the driver not the car. Don't get me wrong, I'm not frightened of fast cars, I love fast cars. The difference is though that Vipers can't go round corners at the best of times. What is the point making one so powerful if you never can drive it properly. -I suppose my point is I don't understand having a car so powerful that you can't drive it to the level it has been built to.

Does that make sense?

(P.s. - Scott you can call me Ric if you like - Just because it's you)

On occassions people have said I look like her too. Its the beard and funny limp :p

On a serious note, I see your point. It's the driver not the car. Don't get me wrong, I'm not frightened of fast cars, I love fast cars. The difference is though that Vipers can't go round corners at the best of times. What is the point making one so powerful if you never can drive it properly. -I suppose my point is I don't understand having a car so powerful that you can't drive it to the level it has been built to.

Does that make sense?

(P.s. - Scott you can call me Ric if you like - Just because it's you)

Apologies Ric, I would have but I honestly couldn't remember your name. I'm terrible with names, faces and just about anything to do with memory (other than when it comes to completely useless information for some reason). Anyway, noted so hopefully next time I will remember :D

Totally agree with your last post though. I can't see this particular example being used as a daily driver, I think it will more than likely be a showpiece for a company. They will be advertising the monsters that they can create while keeping them road legal. It would be a completely pointless car to have other than an advertising tool.

Are the modern Dodges as bad as the older ones? I know the old RT 10 was notorious for getting a little unruley at 100+, speeds that my family focus feels solid at. The yanks are only really interested in straight lines anyway. I only see videos of rolling start motorway drags, mile runs and 1/4 miles.