The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a pair of -24 weld on adaptors?

JamieP

You will probably have to source those from the USA, and even then maybe buy a none weld on fitting and turn off what you don't need. -24 is enormous, well beyond what race cars use, but some aircraft will use cooler lines that big. I would guess even the cheapest male / male or weld on with be 60 quid each or more. God knows how much -24 hose is :)

Hi Chris, Its to replace my top rad hose, the rad and water neck measure 35mm id and so does -24, i have the hose and fittings i need, just need the weld ons, i have a -24 male to male i could cut in half and use i guess but would rather the proper fitting.

-20 is about the biggest size you will fairly easily find in alloy. If you have -24 male / male I'd turn it off into two parts and TIG them / it on. -24 in alloy is NOT going to be easy to find. I have checked out three US aerospace companies I deal with and they show nothing that big. You really do like spending money, don't you? ;) -24 indeed ;) A good turner could lathe cut threads and the taper that size, if you wanted something bespoke.

-20 is about the biggest size you will fairly easily find in alloy. If you have -24 male / male I'd turn it off into two parts and TIG them / it on. -24 in alloy is NOT going to be easy to find. I have checked out three US aerospace companies I deal with and they show nothing that big. You really do like spending money, don't you? ;) -24 indeed ;) A good turner could lathe cut threads and the taper that size, if you wanted something bespoke.

Thanks Chris, might have to do that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.