The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New forum format is terrible

spiderpigcity

Sure - just positive suggestions matey

Not fully knowing from an admin/site designer POV as haven't done that for a little while, what is the average resolution of people expected to run nowadays? i.e is site optimised for 1024x768 or something more friendly like 1600x1200 or 1920x1200 nowadays? I find hardly anything is set to scale or be able to be laid out for that or 2560x1600 yet.

Interesting mods to hear about Johnny, but also would like the abilities to customise to a more minimal / less cluttered / less connected forum. I'm not too fussed about FB or chat functionality. I'm on the forum for the forum and like to keep everything i can out of the claws hands of facebook.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it would be helpful to Mawby to have a single thread where we can all list constructive suggestions for the new forum without all the chit chat and debating, so I've started a thread in the Club Suggestions section see HERE

I await someone to put in there that it's terrible and to revert back to the old one :p

I know why I think it looks too cluttered, it's because every line has the same headins on, rather than having them as a column header, take for example the New Posts page (which I use a lot), it says "Forum:" on every single line, rather than at the top as a column header, this makes identifying the forum hard as it's all mixed up with "Forum:". This applies to the other coumns too, Started By, Replies, Views, Last Post is all repeated on every single line, it clutters the page right up and makes scanning for the important info a lot harder :)

i totally agree, not an efficient way to display information at all.

i think on a whole, if the colours where changed to contrast more along with the fonts, the information would be easier to see. you could search a lot quicker for info and navigation would be easier as menu options would stand out more. Like i said in my original post, its the format not the version of the software.

i think on a whole, if the colours where changed to contrast more along with the fonts, the information would be easier to see. you could search a lot quicker for info and navigation would be easier as menu options would stand out more. Like i said in my original post, its the format not the version of the software.

Mawby has already said that he is working on theme and colour options and they will be available soon.

This thread is very negative and if I was Mawby, I'd be getting a bit pissed off with all the moaning after spending so much of his free time upgrading the forum for us all. Mawby's already said it is going to take him some time to get everything sorted.

If you have any constructive suggestions how to improve the forum please post HERE

see now why are all my pics coming like this and not showing them up??? im not moaning just cant see what im doing wrong.

Same here and is my only problem, i think folks should give it time rather than jump on the moaning and bitching wagon.

see now why are all my pics coming like this and not showing them up??? im not moaning just cant see what im doing wrong.

You weren't doing anything wrong. The new version for forum software added a new option regarding in-line attachments, and for performance reasons it defaults to showing a link and not the image. I've now changed it so it should behave the same as before.

Then add it as a constructive suggestion HERE

eg. Can we make adding images easier.

If Mawby has a list of suggestions all in one place without all the chit chat it should make his life a whole lot easier than having to trawl through these threads.

Agree with Dunk, less bitching and moaning and more constructive comments.

The thing that bugs me about the new layout is when you look at say for example "New Posts". It has the creator of the post in big stand out text and the title of the post in smaller not as standing out text. Hopefully that's not been said already, I couldn't be bothered to read through every comment on every page :D

Just have to get used to it I guess...

No it doesn't. Can I ask you to try deleting your browser cache please and see if that fixes the problem.

I'm looking at the forum from my IPhone, as I need my forum fix even when I'm at work :D I'll have a proper look when I'm on my pc when I get home. If your correct that the post title is not written in a smaller text to the post creators name when looking at the list of new posts, then I apologise and I'm happy with everything :)

:D

Isn't it time this thread was just deleted...? We've got most the constructive stuff in the thread Nic created and the thread in members section.

Agree, my intention when starting the other thread was to help keep all suggestions in one place to help Mawby. It doesn't need discussing and moaning about, we just need one place to highlight any issues and make constructive suggestions.

So if you have a constructive suggestion to add please post it ON THIS LINK