New forum format is terrible

spiderpigcity

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reply with quote i think, earlier on it kept deleting everything i had written in the reply and i had to start again, annoying as hell

I know how to quote in threads, I was asking about PMs.

You use to be able to qoute the senders message in your reply, I can't see where you do this now.

I know why I think it looks too cluttered, it's because every line has the same headins on, rather than having them as a column header, take for example the New Posts page (which I use a lot), it says "Forum:" on every single line, rather than at the top as a column header, this makes identifying the forum hard as it's all mixed up with "Forum:". This applies to the other coumns too, Started By, Replies, Views, Last Post is all repeated on every single line, it clutters the page right up and makes scanning for the important info a lot harder :)

Just to add I totally appreciate the work Lee has done to get this up & running, & I do actually prefer the feel of the updated layout, it's just a couple of constructive critcism i have to make it a better place :)

Indeed mate - vB3 started like this - and look how good that became. vB4 is significantly better and it'll be running 100% in no time.

it's just a couple of constructive critcism i have to make it a better place :)

i welcome them. :) the old site had lots of mods from the out-of-the-box forum defaults which is why getting this upgrade done has taken up so much of my time. i'm happy to keep modding the new one too so it's as easy to use and feature rich as possible, but people need to accept it wont happen over night and i need ideas of how to make it better instead of blanket comments like "it's terrible"

i welcome them. :) the old site had lots of mods from the out-of-the-box forum defaults which is why getting this upgrade done has taken up so much of my time. i'm happy to keep modding the new one too so it's as easy to use and feature rich as possible, but people need to accept it wont happen over night and i need ideas of how to make it better instead of blanket comments like "it's terrible"

Aside from what we have, what I'd like to see, in time, is:

1. ForumSpy to have the refresh rate increased, it's a fair chunk slower to refresh a list than the old version

2. Facebook Connect to be added to interface with FB for quick registrations or sign in

3. Recent thread frame on the right side

4. The CMS to be up and running

All minor things, but this vB4 is well on the way to being superb.