New forum format is terrible

spiderpigcity

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cleared the cache and so far its not doing it now, but still have icons that are not loading properly. i am on mac os x
The missing image is a bug with the forum software itself. I can fix it but I'm hoping to get them to fix it and that requires them to see it going wrong on a live site.

I'll temporarly fix it until I get around to raising a support ticket for it...

At first I was a bit lost and spent ages trying to get the colour of the screen to change to my old blue screen.

This layout will grow on me.

What is the difference in relpying and quick reply as I have to "go advanced" to get smilies?

IMO you should always have smileys available. It just seems to take a bit longer to get your post in order.

Carry on....:)

H.

At first I was a bit lost and spent ages trying to get the colour of the screen to change to my old blue screen.

This layout will grow on me.

What is the difference in relpying and quick reply as I have to "go advanced" to get smilies?

IMO you should always have smileys available. It just seems to take a bit longer to get your post in order.

Carry on....:)

H.

Did you not have the quick reply on the old setup? Quick reply is just as it says. I memorise most of the smileys I use anyway :)

*Slaps everyone*

It's not just a new style/format... it's a new version of the forum software. And it's great in all perspectives. :)

Get used to it - it's better than vB3.

Here here. You'll always get the knockers who see the negatives and don't appreciate the effort that goes on behind the scenes. As someone with first-hand experience of this, I know what's needed to do a vB3 to vB4 upgrade.

Did you not have the quick reply on the old setup? Quick reply is just as it says. I memorise most of the smileys I use anyway :)

Yeah but before if you clicked reply it gave you smilies at the side, now you have to "go advanced" like when you edited a post on the old set up.

I have since sussed that if you miss out reply and just go advanced you end up in the same place.

Easy when you know.....:D

H.

I think the only downside to this upgrade is there's less differential between sticky and non sticky threads. When it used to be segregated you easily saw what was a new thread, rather than a sticky.

Small thing, otherwise the upgrade's good, everything is a little... fresher.

Here here. You'll always get the knockers who see the negatives and don't appreciate the effort that goes on behind the scenes. As someone with first-hand experience of this, I know what's needed to do a vB3 to vB4 upgrade.

I wouldn't know to be honest - I'm an IPB fanboy. It's about time vBulletin got competitive though. :)

I think the only downside to this upgrade is there's less differential between sticky and non sticky threads. When it used to be segregated you easily saw what was a new thread, rather than a sticky.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Bet this upgrade's keeping you on your toes today!
Today... ha, I've been working on this solid since Saturday, but I originally started investigating what was needed to upgrade this time last year! It's a shame I had to take a week off work to get this terrible change done! :)