The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many of us taking car off road for winter?

Lude

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I garage mine from the end of august/sept through to march/april every year.

Nothing to do with being scared to drive it in slippery conditions, I just don't need to as I have another vehicle, No point taking the risk imo.

Also all the salt on the roads and general winter muck can't do it any good from a underbody corrosion point of view.

Mine is also tuck up away for winter....has been since end of Sep.

Gave it a full polish and two wax coats along with a full underseal to keep out the winter moisture.

As some have said, in the winter weather conditions I'd really like to be out there having fun on the roads with it, but couple the main negatives of road salt and lack of ability of others in the slippery conditions and its best if the old girl is tucked up sleeping.

Edited by AJI (see edit history)

I garage mine from the end of august/sept through to march/april every year.

Nothing to do with being scared to drive it in slippery conditions, I just don't need to as I have another vehicle, No point taking the risk imo.

Also all the salt on the roads and general winter muck can't do it any good from a underbody corrosion point of view.

yea same here, have another car, and the corrossion issue etc,

Fluids changed' date='waxed and tucked up in the garage until April. God the Yaris is slow :([/quote']

do you change the oil before you leave it stand?

would have thaught leave the old stuff in there until you ready to start using it again then put fresh stuff in?

Mine was used daily 12 months of the year for seven years, with many interesting drives in the snow. Once had to wheel spin it for about a minute to melt the ice to get through to tarmac on an inclined junction, shoot forwards and drift the back end into the groves in the snow made by other cars, quite an experience. Thankfully two lorry drivers could see what I was trying to do, so stopped the traffic to give me enough space. This winter the car will come out on fine sunny winter days, but the rest of the time it will be tucked up in the heated garage with its covers on. I don't fancy 700+ bhp in the snow.