The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a UK 1100 RWHP @ 2 Bar

bondango

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone raving about a turbo that laggy that only produces 1200hp:blink: The 76 DBB Billets JP and I have are rated to 1250hp and are not really that laggy at all.

No doubt the new PT turbos are great but they seem a little fragile.

Have you seen anything running LPG or LPI, I would say that is the future, 110 octane and 64p a ltr.

Indeed, but i see every forecourt with an E85 pump in the not so distant future. Every city in Southern Ireland has at least 1 station with e85 pumps, would be nice to see this in the UK :)

Indeed, but i see every forecourt with an E85 pump in the not so distant future. Every city in Southern Ireland has at least 1 station with e85 pumps, would be nice to see this in the UK :)

Ive never seen one pump yet :blink: But I am constantly scouring for LPG, this is what happens when you get an LPG car, first you look out for where LPG is sold then you look out for cheap LPG then you look for easy access LPG, I now dream about LPG !!!!!:p

That's a rather steep curve, good luck trying to get traction :D

Ive never had a problem with them Wez, do you know different;)

If you search on here for turbo issues you will find some, as Gaz already mentioned his went, Jamie has just had another go pop by the sounds of it, I havent been keeping a record but there are a few now.

I have been waiting for the moment when E85 becomes readily available, if you search on here you will find some very old threads where I talk about using E85, the simple fact of the matter is its not available.

Only Morrisons had it at the pump and that was limited stations :(

I have been waiting for the moment when E85 becomes readily available, if you search on here you will find some very old threads where I talk about using E85, the simple fact of the matter is its not available.

Only Morrisons had it at the pump and that was limited stations :(

I know Wez, its been a good subject on here in recent times, the roll out in southern ireland seemed to go well, it may be just a matter of manufacturers with flex equipped cars pushing the big names to get it out to the public forecourts. Will all the eco-bollix goin on, i cant see why a sustainable fuel like E85 isnt being pushed by the government

If you search on here for turbo issues you will find some, as Gaz already mentioned his went, Jamie has just had another go pop by the sounds of it, I havent been keeping a record but there are a few now.

Looks like my turbo is fine, bottom end is gone we think.

Looks like we all need to move to Southern Ireland then. The few forecourts supplying E85 near me have actually removed the pumps.:(

Looks like we all need to move to Southern Ireland then. The few forecourts supplying E85 near me have actually removed the pumps.:(

Yeah it is a pity, even if there were a few wthin reach as its an easy enough job fitting a flexsensor which will determine which mapping characteristics your ecu will use (Syvecs should be able to handle percentile applied mapping strategy depending on Ethanol content), so at least on Super unleaded you can still get the best out of your car

Yeah it is a pity, even if there were a few wthin reach as its an easy enough job fitting a flexsensor which will determine which mapping characteristics your ecu will use (Syvecs should be able to handle percentile applied mapping strategy depending on Ethanol content), so at least on Super unleaded you can still get the best out of your car

do you think the AEM could work ok with a flexisensor?? loads of biofuel hear alright from E5 to E85 but they say the consistancy is not great and it changes from winter to summer, no idea why though

do you think the AEM could work ok with a flexisensor?? loads of biofuel hear alright from E5 to E85 but they say the consistancy is not great and it changes from winter to summer, no idea why though

TBH i dont think So, with a Flexsensor and Conditioner you can output a 0-5V signal dependant on Ethanol Content.

On the Pro EFi for example they use a high octane pump fuel map and an e85 map..Therefore if you are on E85, it uses 85% of the higher timing map, 15% of the lower etc. E70 it would use 70% of the higher, 30% of the lower. on Pump fuel has it uses 93% of the lower map, 7% of the higher.

So Marty, when are you specing me up for E85; finally an advantage to live in the south

Only issue I can see how to get her mapped with you when the Fuel is down here

Monaghan or Louth is the Closest to you

As you can see E85 has increased alot recently

E85 : Petrol Price equivalent

€0.97 : €1.16

€0.99 : €1.19

€1.05 : €1.26

€1.15 : €1.38

€1.17 : €1.41

Interesting Article(Price rises for E85 make it less attractive)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2010/1006/1224280455532.html

So Marty, when are you specing me up for E85; finally an advantage to live in the south

Only issue I can see how to get her mapped with you when the Fuel is down here

Monaghan or Louth is the Closest to you

As you can see E85 has increased alot recently

E85 : Petrol Price equivalent

€0.97 : €1.16

€0.99 : €1.19

€1.05 : €1.26

€1.15 : €1.38

€1.17 : €1.41

Interesting Article(Price rises for E85 make it less attractive)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2010/1006/1224280455532.html

Well i would be suggesting Syvecs as the ECU, so Ryan would be the man mapping..and he can map anywere u want him too :D

Well i would be suggesting Syvecs as the ECU, so Ryan would be the man mapping..and he can map anywere u want him too :D

Looking at the Article, Maxol may cease to supply the fuel in the near future

Any price advantage that exists for E85 over regular fuel may be further reduced next year, when the current Duty derogation that the fuel enjoys runs out.

The Maxol spokesman said the firm is seriously concerned about the future of E85 “because current sales volumes do not justify our ongoing commitment to it”.

Thanks Marty, I know the Syvecs will help towards a single conversion

(no only useable for E85) but if Maxol stopped the Supply of E85 here , what is the outlay for E85 components , Larger injectors are re-usable but the only Item I can think of made redundant is the Flexi fuel device

What would I loose if I got this done and 12 months later maxol pulled the plug on E85

Thanks Marty, I know the Syvecs will help towards a single conversion

(no only useable for E85) but if Maxol stopped the Supply of E85 here , what is the outlay for E85 components , Larger injectors are re-usable but the only Item I can think of made redundant is the Flexi fuel device

What would I loose if I got this done and 12 months later maxol pulled the plug on E85

Drop them an email via the website as a concern motorist, they are very helpful in that department as i had be in discussion with them about an N.Ireland roll out last year.

Thats the thing that annoys me, in the US E85 works out cheaper per gallon :(