The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not your usual insurance thread......

Suprash

So Im trying to find insurance, but I want to know is, are there insurance companies that could cover my Supra (weekend car/limited mileage), my Volvo V70 (daily/work commute) and my truck ?

Im feeling the pinch with handling multi-policies with different companies, Im 33, 12 years NCB (private) 1 or 2 years NCB (truck/HGV), 1 fixed penalty, 3 points, £60 fine, no claims in the last 5 years ?

Surely there must be a company out there somewhere that can cater for me ? No ? :(

Is there anyone in a similar situation, who do you use ?

12 years NCB (private) 1 or 2 years NCB (truck/HGV), 1 fixed penalty, 3 points, £60 fine, no claims in the last 5 years ?
Doesn't the motorola canteen incident count against you mate? I presume that counts as an accident and claim against you even though (iirc) it was on your old dear's insurance.

Doesn't the motorola canteen incident count against you mate? I presume that counts as an accident and claim against you even though (iirc) it was on your old dear's insurance.

Nope, that claim was never settled, insurance and Motorola thrashed it out for over 2 years, and Motorola ended up dropping it. And it was my own third party cover on someone elses car.

Not heard of them mate, what do they cator for ? Have you used them ? Looking at their website, they seem like an average insurance co ?

I don't know much about them but when I was struggling to get my company car insured in my own name they were the only one who'd entertain me. I do remember them asking if I had other vehicles to insure as a group policy.

H.

I don't know much about them but when I was struggling to get my company car insured in my own name they were the only one who'd entertain me. I do remember them asking if I had other vehicles to insure as a group policy.

H.

Cool, I shall have a talk with them and see what I get ;)

Speak to Jason at LWIB, im sure he could sort you out with a trade policy and cover everything incuding public liability and risk on cars you transport.

I shall try them mate ;)

Think Im might just have to keep them all seperate, I have the Volvo down to £462 and the Supra down to £380.

Surely one broker would want them all.

Did you try Be Wiser?

H.

Thats what Im finding, of course they would rather secure 3 vehicles then one, problem is they are either coming out on a really good quote on the Supra but not the Volvo, or vice versa.

Waiting for a call back from Be Wiser after taking all the details ;)

So Im trying to find insurance, but I want to know is, are there insurance companies that could cover my Supra (weekend car/limited mileage), my Volvo V70 (daily/work commute) and my truck ?

Im feeling the pinch with handling multi-policies with different companies, Im 33, 12 years NCB (private) 1 or 2 years NCB (truck/HGV), 1 fixed penalty, 3 points, £60 fine, no claims in the last 5 years ?

Surely there must be a company out there somewhere that can cater for me ? No ? :(

Is there anyone in a similar situation, who do you use ?

We may be able to help, but we would look at separate policies.

Nope, that claim was never settled, insurance and Motorola thrashed it out for over 2 years, and Motorola ended up dropping it. And it was my own third party cover on someone elses car.

Despite it not being a claim, it still counts as an accident.

They ask if you have had any accidents or claims in the last x years.

They also want to know about any accident that wasn't your fault, although it's highly unlikely they'd add any loading to your premium because of it.

Despite it not being a claim, it still counts as an accident.

They ask if you have had any accidents or claims in the last x years.

They also want to know about any accident that wasn't your fault, although it's highly unlikely they'd add any loading to your premium because of it.

Good shout. I missed that.