The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insuring cat C cars

Fifty

:D

Ello everyone

no I havent bought a Supra lol

back in UK for a couple of months for daughters wedding.

Ifinanced the purchase of; and repair of a couple of Cat C cars to help out my broyher.

It seems people who want to buy them cant get insurance?

Can anyone point me towards a Company that will - btw I fully understand the categories so no need to rehash all that.

cars were light damage and have valid MOT and VICS

cheers

Rich

Hi there long time no see !!

Sure but then who did you insure them with?

and did you declare? PM me if you wish

regards

Rich

Never said anything, They check that when they enter the reg number.

I think it only affects the pay out IE its worth less than a non Damaged car. Maybe i was wrong but ive had a few cars from copart before the supras and never had any issue.

I did have problems with a number of companies when trying to get insurance for my cat D car. When asked "Has the vechicle ever been subject to a total loss claim", answering Yes ended up with most of the big companies refusing to offer a quote.

Ended up with a quote from Sky, they said it didn't make any difference so long as it had the appropriate checks done (MOT only for a Cat D and the more detailed check for a Cat C - can't remember what it was called)

I did have problems with a number of companies when trying to get insurance for my cat D car. When asked "Has the vechicle ever been subject to a total loss claim", answering Yes ended up with most of the big companies refusing to offer a quote.

Ended up with a quote from Sky, they said it didn't make any difference so long as it had the appropriate checks done (MOT only for a Cat D and the more detailed check for a Cat C - can't remember what it was called)

VIC test ;)

VIC test ;)

its only a vehicle identity check though, they dont check how its been repaired etc...all they check is that the chassis no matches up with the one they have on record! all a scam really to to get an extra £41 off each car!

waste of time imo....

its only a vehicle identity check though, they dont check how its been repaired etc...all they check is that the chassis no matches up with the one they have on record! all a scam really to to get an extra £41 off each car!

waste of time imo....

Quite. People think its to check the repair.

waste of time imo....

I am pretty sure they check the repair as well? I brought my missus a polo a few years back which only had a cracked headlight & front bumper, so was written off due to uneconomical repair, I brought it was because other than that it was mint and had 45k. When I went for the VIC test they just checked the ID and had a quick look at the car, come to think of it, they didn't check the repair much! Their were loads of cars there, so like you say, DVLA made a few bobs!

Lol

Cars have VIC checks; its a con, another tax if you will. It was supposedly introduced to stop ringing, vin plate raud etc, spose it does at least do that.W e dont want to sell acar to anyone that will then have problems insuring it, thats why I asked so I can tell any customer who to ring.

anyone want, both with full MOTs :-)

2005 Fiat Punto - - 60K miles 1600 quids or

2004 Ford Fiesta Finesse 40k MILES 2600 quids lol

Rich

PS mods dont bash me lol - Im a visitor to your wonderful country :-)

Hi Ed

miss the Supra - well to be honest, sometimes, but the adrenaline rush I get when the Discovery does 5 miles without an issue is adequate compensation lol Im only around for 3 months in the year now so Supra wud be a mistake

Life is interesting; have seen many things, mostly good I have to say, and looking forward to more. I'm really not happy about the UK but circumstances mean I have to be here till January. I then plan to get to the Amazon. My passion for wildlife drives me on, and I have been studying the technicalities of w/photography hard. We are both at our happiest out in the wild places, though this does cost a lot. I am hoping to be eaten by an anaconda just before the money runs out lol.

take care

Rich

Oh Hi Michael

well was just a pic from local area while Im here; not a very exciting subject; just practice in exposure/feather details etc.Hers a head crop to show, you can see the light was harsh and to the left so not ideal. bear in mind some loss of quality to post here. Birds are a real challenge; perhaps one of the hardest to get right.

One of the best forums to see the incredible results people achieve is http://www.birdphotographers.net, have a look, awesome wildlife work.

my pics are at http://www.coati.smugmug.com

also flickr stream at http://www.flickr.com/tamandu

nice to hear from you

Rich