The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94' RZ Supra TT

Abz

This decision took me 3 months to make but looks like I will have to sell my Supra due to current investments. Due to taking this long to make the bloody decision I could be interested in a quick sale or a part exchange for something cheap, ideally looking for an oil burner. Have been looking at Estate's as well but anything good on fuel would be ideal (wife will be using it).

I have owned this car for nearly 2 years and covered around 15k in that period, this is a weekend car (as I work in the city) and spent most of its time motorway travelling from London to Chesterfield/Leicester. During this period it has been a dream to own and the only thing which ever went wrong on it was the crank pulley which I changed (common problem).

Right, now the car...

Has 109k (mixture of KM & Miles) on the clock, though this could rise as I am planning on driving to France in a couple of weekends (yes it is that reliable). It is a RZ model with a auto box which is brilliant to drive (I drove a couple of manual's before going with the auto box). General condition of the car is good, a few small dings here & there but generally in very good condition, dispute its age. Colleagues can't believe it was built in 1994! Flew through the last MOT & the next one is due in January, Tax I believe runs outs in December.

Exterior

UK Spec Headlights

UK Spec Read Lights (Fog light built-in)

6K Xeon Lights

17inch Brock Wheels

Stock Exhaust (I think)

Whifbitz Full Decat Pipes with Restrictor Ring

TRD Spoiler

OEM Skirts

OEM Spats

Gaz Shocks Coilovers (Adjustable dampers, development set)

Number Plate Surrounds

LED Lights (Plate & Side Lights)

Engine

Stock 2JZ-GTE

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

HKS Air Filter

FMIC

LSD

New Halford Heavy Duty Battery

Interior

Leather Seats

Silver Effect Carbon Dash Wrap

TRD El-Glow (Plus TRD Speedo)

Focal Components

Alpine Head Unit

Laserline Cat 1 Alarm (Full Closure)

Maintaince

When I first got it, the car went to Garage Whifbitz to have all the fluids changed and the decat pipes put on which came to just over £1k! I also had all the brake discs & pads changed which came to a cool £500. Brought a new set of headlights from Mr T which cost just over £300 & few other bits and bobs. Since then it has been regularly serviced by Chris (Forum member) to a very high standard! It is due to have a oil change & this will be done before buyer collects it. I also recharged the AC about a month ago and it is now ice cold! :eyebrows:

Bad Points

The value stems are gone on the car and need replacing, it was on my list of things to do but never got round to doing it.

I saw a thread on doing it yourself but it looks way out of my band! Was planning on going to Dude at AFR to get this done.

Two small dints in the bonnet, couple of small stonechips as expected. The small dings I have included in the pictures below.

The End...

My plan with this car was to go full BPU, change wheels & updated a few little plans to make it the way I wanted, though it looks like I will have to come out of Supra ownership for a year or maybe longer! It honestly is a joy to drive and has great reliable power. At the last SRR Dyno day it produced a healthy 352BHP at 0.8Bar, Charlie mentioned that I should see 400BHP at 1.1Bar!

I am sure that I have missed loads of information but feel free to ask me any questions. I endeavour to have some better pictures up some time this weekend including the engine bay & interior. Viewing is recommend during the evening or at the weekend, though I am flexible if someone needs to see it during the day. Forgot to mention it has been to a few meets and some members have seen it, the main meet being the Bluewater one and a couple of video's attached below which you will see quick glances of here.

I-jkb_gQs8U

£5,395 ONO

Hope you hang around bud, you're one of the light-hearted members :)

Good luck with the sale, she's a cracker :D

Thanks Scott, I'll be around to check on your comments to make sure you are not slacking ;)

Looks really nice mate, Good luck with the sale :)

Thanks T!

Very nice example, shame im poor :(
Sell the family, that's what I did :D

seen you getting that geo done at WIM meet :D
Did you meet you at WIM? I have such a bad memory! It was actually the suspension they were checking as they are helping develop the new Gaz Shocks suspension for the Supra.

nooooooooooo!!!

:(

Can't believe you selling buddy! Still stay around though won't you?!

I am having to Rob or I wouldn't :(

Don't worry mate, I'll be still attending the meets. Most likely get in the Supra scene next year, can't think of a better car to have. Even the wife is upset I am selling, she loves it & when we got in the car this morning, she was like I love driving this car & she drives like a nanny! She just loves the driving position, the look & feel of the car. Plus she's like why do people all stare at the car? When we was in West End, we had a few people take photo's :D

am loving those clocks.. where the hell can i get a set of those please?? :D
Only ones in the world dude, you will have to buy this car :D

GLWTS. It can't have been an easy decision.
Not a patch on your car but I am sure you can understand :)

why are you leaving supra ownership man, were going to miss you so much here! this car in tunnels you gotta hear! sounds the business! p/x with my gt4? its cheaper to run!
Should have had a smaller wedding :(

Well the other property needs more work on! Plus I am keen on a investment, if I go with then it might need me helping out with setting it up, which would mean lugging around stuff and doing short journey's, so the Supra won't be ideal for that. The cash released from the Supra will get the other property sorted which is currently vacant.

I clocked up more overtime this month than my normal monthly wages while working out in Zurich & Paris & still it wasn't enough to stop the sale of the Supra! Needs be a must & all that, I'll regret it, but I'd rather that & come back into Supra ownership when I am financially stable than lose the other house :(

Might even be able to buy it back from the person I sell it too! :D

Your GT4 is sweeeeeeeeet! Though not for me at the moment. ;)

Abz, sorry to see you're selling. Great car and worth every penny. Hope you stick around mate. You're part of the furniture 'round here :)
Thanks Gaz, means a lot coming from members like you. I intend on sticking around, mainly in the hope you offer me a job as your assistant testing driving cars & telling you what I think so you don't have to :D

To anyone thinking of buying this car, don't its a complete shed and will give you nothing but trouble.

Just kiddin' Abz has really looked after his car and I don't want him to sell it ;)

Why you little!!! :D

Don't worry, I'll still turn up to the events... just hide the car I arrive in :innocent:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.