The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Plastering

penguin

• 4 months later...

Thought i would update this thread with some before, during, after photos :p

having done just one wall, I got confident and did the whole room... the next phase was to do the whole house so my dad and bro jumped in and we ended up refitting everything from the wiring, plumbing, skirting, doors/frames, ceiling boards, plastering, painting... basically - all the internals and having next to no experience in doing any of that, we came out of it pretty well i think :)

lots of lessons learned along the way but the biggest one is: don't buy cheap tools - they are cheap for a reason!!! :blink: second lesson: don't rush anything, take your time and plan your work in segments. third thing: always, always, always have a plate of biscuits handy for tea time. plastering really does take its toll on the old shoulders lol

total spent on the whole house including doors/plaster/boards/wires/radiators/piping/paints etc (excluding carpets lol) is about £1800

total spent on tools around £650

oh and we didn't do all this in one hit - it's been weekends and a few evenings whenever we could be bothered (or the women of the house gave us an earful :D )

so .. two fingers to the bloke who quoted me 15k for the same thing!!

next project is to get planning permission for a double story extension to the house... should give us 4 new bedrooms + living room + Kitchen and WC/Bathroom although i think i'll wait till next spring to start the building work... only thing i'm intending to pay someone else to do is to build the foundation uptil the damp course..