The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me know what you come up with mate, the cooler is already removed but it would be nice to tidy it up and get rid of that big hunckachunk of metal out the way!

Did my bits get picked up today mate?

I'll get on to this early part of next week, I need a bare block here so I can take some measurements from. Ta

A little update this morning:D

Block cleaned, head studs in, and gasket on

Head bolted on

Verniers, billet tensioner bracket, oem tensioner and gates blue timing belt fitted up

Covers all on, manifold and turbo on for mocking up the oil drain (PROBLEM):(

More pics of oil drain issue, coming shortly.

The oil drain PITA

I need a bit of help with this as im not in with an fittings or any dealers near me who deal with aeromotive or bf goodrich fittings.

I almost ideally want a 2" male 2 female straight to get me away from runner number 1, is there such a thing?:(:(:(

053.jpg

055.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

Looking good. Very tidy.

I will definitely be looking to do the oil cooler mod on mine to remove the unwanted pipework from the water pump. Can you PM me when you get the part through from Paul Whiffin so that can get one ordered too please.

With regards to the billet tensioner bracket I am surprised no one in the UK has looked to get these made. they are very expensive for what they are and could easily be fabricated by an engineering firm over here and sold at a more reasonable price.

Mr Whiffin or Wilson fancy doing this?

Looking good. Very tidy.

I will definitely be looking to do the oil cooler mod on mine to remove the unwanted pipework from the water pump. Can you PM me when you get the part through from Paul Whiffin so that can get one ordered too please.

With regards to the billet tensioner bracket I am surprised no one in the UK has looked to get these made. they are very expensive for what they are and could easily be fabricated by an engineering firm over here and sold at a more reasonable price.

Mr Whiffin or Wilson fancy doing this?

Lee is looking into this as we speak, he's fitting one to my Build. And looking to get his own made up, at a reasonable price. :D Maybe worth a PM to find out more info?

really stealthy looking, i love that looks mad mate. well done and keep the pics coming.

out of interest, whats that bracket to the right of the crank pulley? mine has one but is it for a damper for the tensioner, if it is ill remove mine

I think you got it in one mate yep, the damper attatch to it. Im over the moon in how it looks tbh, stealthy is how i wanted it all along. But this oil feed is makeing me bitter right now!!

Okay, ive been playing with it a bit more, i now have the core clocked 14 degrees, which is about as far as i can push it, and i am almost clear.

I have become an artist and used paint to decribe what i need below, funnily enough the fitting causing me trouble is marked F, and the arrow is the way i need the pipe to move maybe half an inch. The line that is horizontal in the pipe is where i really need to add anothere fitting, but i cannot find what i need anywhere and it may be because i dont know what it is actually called, but a -10an female to male is what i would call it. But when you search these fittings all you get is connectors that go straight onto hose, not onto a threaded male fitting as i have, just has added a bit of a downer to a real good day, bloody greddy manifold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![ANGRY][/ANGRY]

071.jpg

In post 115 of this thread it shows what a member has done with his oil drain, on the same setup as me, and he also has the 3" outlet, and i only have a 2.5", he seems to have used a straight fitting directly onto the 45 degree m/m off the turbo.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?517505-TROLL-s-94-TT-Restoration-Painted-Bay-Fuse-Box-Relocation-and-other-nonsense.../page5

Is this fitting the same as what he has used????

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/Fuel_System/Aeroquip_Goodridge_Hose_Fittings/Aeroquip_Goodridge_Hose_Fittings/Moquip_Black_Alloy_Female_Hose_End_Fitting/1631/8853

Just a common or garden female straight hose end, as in the Tweeks link. I personally would not be happy running flexi hose that near the near white hot manifold confluence. I would do it in hard pipe until it's further away from extreme heat. Probably steel and then oil type silicone down to the block drain adaptor.

Just a common or garden female straight hose end, as in the Tweeks link. I personally would not be happy running flexi hose that near the near white hot manifold confluence. I would do it in hard pipe until it's further away from extreme heat. Probably steel and then oil type silicone down to the block drain adaptor.

Can you show me an example anywhere chris???? i will heat wrap the oil line either way. Have they got to be aeroquip fittings as the original greddy setup has a solid pipe both off the block and turbo and then a braided joiner between with jubilees tightening them down?

Follow the original Greddy set up but just use flourine lined silicone hose and Jubilee clips to join the steel pipes. There's no pressure involved. If the Greddy hard pipes won't fit you would have to fabricate the flanges and steel pipework.

I may be being a bit OTT, but I never see any "good" oil fires, so tend to keep to hard oil lines near turbo manifolds and suchlike.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Follow the original Greddy set up but just use flourine lined silicone hose and Jubilee clips to join the steel pipes. There's no pressure involved. If the Greddy hard pipes won't fit you would have to fabricate the flanges and steel pipework.

It may be a easier and better way To go, I will give

It a got tomorrow, thanks chris, much appreciated.

Only just spotted this, thanks dan but i took chris w's advice and had a solid pipe made.

My original greddy drain

Cut up ready to get a new one fabbed

And the final artical

How the car sits right now

Paul, i am going to loeave it for the minuter as ive got over the issue.

072.jpg

074.jpg

084.jpg

093.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A little update, not alot has gone on as my friend who is doing alot of the work has just moved to a larger premisis and has been getting setup there, but the car is at home and should be venturing to the garage on monday evening to carry on the build. In the mean time i have fitted the Low impendance recistor pack, along with new coil pack clips. And today have mocked up all the f con and afk knock/afr amp wiring and think i am now sorted with how that all goes. So next week the engine will be going back in and it will be time to crack on. The list of jobs is slowly getting smaller.

-get engine in with harness

-wire in ecu and knock amp

-Fit turbo, oil drain and feed

-fit catch tank

-fab i/c pipework down off the turbo

-weld v ban to d/pipe and weld in egt fitting

-weld afr sensor fitting to mid pipe and fit sensor

-plumb fuel lines and fpr

-fit oil cooler

-fit back up the interior

-fill with oil and ready to start it up

-Get the 315 tyres fitted to the widened 17's and roll rear arches

And then to paint both sills and the pass rear quater.

so with a bit of luck by the end of april she will be ready to book in at afr for mapping, yay

More pics to come next week

I thought i would take some sad, sad pics before the storm as the next time i will post some pics of the exterior it should be all fixed up.

And these should make a big difference as its looked like a flaming pile without skirts since i removed the oems.

And the dreaded loom which is now ready to go once the engines back in

And this is what i based how i want my car to sit, as this has oem pods and garnish with widened oem 17s, simplicity just works, not sure about the chrome though. Also may have to add a rmm front splitter though:eyebrows:

163.jpg

164.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

162.jpg