The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks fuel rail and 1000cc hks injectors

dr_jekyll

hello all.

i currently have jasons single with me and hes fitting a hks fuel rail with 1000cc injectors.

im a bit confused as the injectors only have a little o ring to fit them to the fuel rail and as soon as the pump is switched on it fuel squirts out of the rail at the join to the injectors as i thaught it would.

how do you seal the injectord to the rail ? is there a part missing ?

sorry i should have said , we had collets made. its seald on the inlet but the top of the injector in the rail is leaking under 1 bar of pressure.

Is it doing it on all of them or just a couple? i had the same problem as this years back and it turned out the rail was slightly bent and a couple of the injectors was not seating properly, new rail sorted my problem.

i have custom made collet to fit the intake. it leaks past the oring of the injetors

all 6. its something silly i have not done, must be. do the rubber insulator fit all the way in the rail as mine are not in.

Are the injectors right for the rail, seems abit strange?

Im not teaching u to suck eggs but have u used a little engine oil around the o-rings to help them slide in to the rail fully?

Sorry to hijack the thread but jaime i just found out i fitted one of your old fueling set-ups to my single build, i hope its ok.......lol:)

Yeah bud got it off Adrian, power house rail, 720cc siemens inj & auromotive regulator with braided fuel lines, what was it from mate?

Ahh i see, not my car, that was off the old orange beast i broke for parts.

I hope you have had them cleaned and flow tested? that car was stood still for 3 years.

how tight should the orings be ? need oil to push it or just one hand snug fit.

mine where just snug thats y i had my douts i clearly was right too.

Should be really tight mate, I couldn't really push my top feeds into the rail without a little love lube!

Ahh i see, not my car, that was off the old orange beast i broke for parts.

I hope you have had them cleaned and flow tested? that car was stood still for 3 years.

Yeah all cleaned and flow tested, Jesus they did need cleaning, they gained over 300cc between them after cleaning!

Lol... I have a little bit of orange beast under my bonnet now:)